Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Coincidence!

This is the day...I rejoice in all the goodness of the LORD

..his provisions and the dear people who have trusted him as their LORD and SAVIOUR and encourage us over the years.

Each year I plan a ladies luncheon at my church. We don't usually honor one person, just a nice time to get together for fellowship and we also do a gift exchange. No one knows who brought what gift and thus ALL the gifts are from a "sister in the LORD". However, this year it was the birthday of a very dear sweet..FAITHFUL..lady in our church who just turned 70 years old. We decided this was the year to honor one person!

BETTY

As I began to plan the luncheon; I wanted to use a heart theme but did not want it to look like a holiday (Valentines) and as I looked over a friends scrap booking catalog I saw a card with pink, brown and pomegranate (burgundy) and thought that would make a nice combination and the pink for the hearts.

It'll work.

One year was a Ladies "TEA"...and subsequently thereafter a TEA as well...this year I remembered my old (24yr old) BROWN TEA POT. I can use that with some flowers for my main table.

It'll work.

A young woman in our church donated 60 boxes shaped like Hearts!...but oh they were UGLY...oh my! HELP! my scrap booking friend ....said she could try covering them... I suggested we spray paint them... she then could cover the top with the papers I liked.

It'll work.


I needed something for each place setting besides the box. I have an idea! Does she know someone who can make jewelery...a simple black rope with a silver heart? She asked her sister..and yes.

It'll work.

I found some cute brown and pink Polka dot ribbon...that I can use with the scrap booking papers....I used these papers for the program also with the ribbon...for the verse table...the flower arrangements.

It'll work.

As I spoke with a friend about the old brown teapot, she said..

"well, you know that is a famous English Teapot called .....THE BROWN...BETTY"



I couldn't believe what I was hearing

BROWN BETTY....are you serious?!"


This year...the one year we decide to honor someone..her name is BETTY...this year I decide to use of all colors BROWN...this year my OLD teapot would be used...to my SURPRISE! PERFECT....



I asked my Pastor about the "coincidences" which I don't believe in...

he said the LORD knows your heart and desires and well....you know...HE JUST KNOWS!

The luncheon was a lovely surprise to Betty and my story about the Brown Betty touched everyone's heart.

We each opened our heart boxes to find a lovely handmade necklace as a reminder.



and we did shew forth all his marvelous works in testimonies about sweet Betty over her 30 years at our church. A truly virtous woman and dear friend.

6 comments:

Daughter of the King said...

This was WONDERFUL...and I so enjoyed the pictures, it looks beautiful. You are so right about no coincidences.
This was just so lovely.
~~Deby

HOPE said...

Thank you Deby...wish you could have joined us!

This luncheon really left a lasting impression on me. Just the "little" things that mean so much to me, from the LORD.

Thanks for visiting I'm always blessed when you stop by.

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Oh, I LOVE how it all came together!! Betty is a wonderful lady... I'm so glad you were able to do this for her.
Everything looks beautiful; you always have such an eye for things like this... someday you'll have to help my decorate my house ;)
BTW-- I STILL have my keepsake from the tea you did when I was there. The package that you never open... but it's always there to remind me of YOU. Plus, I have the memories of tying all those tiny ribbons with you!!!

HOPE said...

I would have loved to have had you here for fellowship while tying MORE bows this year! I think that might be the most time consuming part!

I am going to send you one of the magnets we had made...they turned out so nice.

and when you get that house NEXT DOOR to me...I'll help you decorate! ;)

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

All was so wonderful and just perfect. You did a really good job. connie from Texas

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Its all lovely :)