Thursday, May 29, 2008

A BLUE STAR TRIBUTE


This is the day...I rejoice in being able to make something special for my son serving in Iraq (this is his second time).

This is "The Family Pride" Quilt featured in McCalls Quilting magazine. When I saw this I knew I wanted to make this for him. Though it is a mini...I plan to make him a larger one for his return home (shh don't tell!)This is one he can take with him on missions as a reminder of love and support back home or lay on his bunk or hang on the wall.

The quilt is based on the BLUE STAR version of the banner hung in windows during war time. One blue star is for a loved one serving in war...a gold star is for a loved one lost in war.

I have a goody package ready for mailing and including this as a surprise. My online quilting group supplied me with all the red fabrics...sent to me from all over the U.S.A. I was so touched by their generosity and support. I embroidered on the backing God Bless You ...Made with love Mom '08 and the name of my quilting group.

It is so touching when people reach out to help...making this was so much more than sewing..it was a part of people's support and it was a show of love from myself, our family and my quilting friends.

Ecclesiastes 3:1...8

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


I am very thankful to have a son of courage and responsibility, who volunteered to serve his country at a needful time ...to show compassion on those less fortunate...and to be above all a SOLDIER of the LORD.

Now is his time to show his love to those around him and his country...to hate sin and it's consequences...and to do his duty in time of war...and to strive for peace.

I pray each day that GOD would bless our military here and abroad for their dedication and selfless sacrifices made for our freedom.

I pray that we as a people of freedom would pray as we should to our GOD and the LORD Jesus Christ and with thankful hearts Praise Him for his graces towards mankind.

O PRAISE the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever.
Praise ye the LORD. Psalm 117:1-2


Praise ye the LORD, the Almighty,the King of creation
O my soul praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, Now to His temple draw near;
Join me in glad adoration!

Praise ye the LORD, O let all that is in me adore Him,
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him,
Let the AMEN, Sound from His people again:
Gladly for aye we adore Him.

Hymn: Praise Ye the LORD, the Almighty
Joachim Neander 1650-1680

7 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Pass a big THANK YOU to Charlie and his family at home, for their service to our country!

You did a fabulous job on the quilt!!! I'm sure it will make each day a little brighter for him, to have this reminder of your love and support.

Daughter of the King said...

I too am thankful for your son Charlie....and all of those who love and support him.
Quilt looks great!!!
Deby

Deborah said...

The quilt is beautiful! I'm sure it will mean alot to Charlie.

HOPE said...

Thank you for stopping by this blog too Deb...

and for being so encouraging!

HOPE said...

Thank you Deby....I can't wait for him to receive this surprise.

Pam...I hope it is a reminder of LOVE and support.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I know you are a very proud mother of a wonderful giving son. My husband and our family want to send him our thanks for all that he is doing and to that of his family.

The quilt is beautiful and I know that it is going to give your son much comfort and joy to be holding something real that the hands of his mother have touched and made for him with such love. May God keep him safe. connie from texas

HOPE said...

Thank you Connie...saying my son would be holding something REAL made with the hands of his mother..really touched me and reminded me how just touching it is so special besides the message it shows of support. The touch is LOVE.

like holding Stephen's teddy bear I made him...as if they are with you.

Thank you sweet friend...