Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Humbled Graces of Service

This is the day I rejoice ....

in the blessed opportunity I had this past weekend to be a Guest Speaker for the devotion at a Ladies Luncheon at my son's church. I was so honored by the invitation and humbled in knowing that I was responsible for bringing a message of HOPE and Encouragement to over 100 ladies.

This was also an answer to my prayers over the past six months or so..as I have desired so much to be of use to my LORD. To be able to speak of his infinite mercies, kindness, love and graces. As with my other blog..watering wells of Hope...my soul purpose in this life, is to be a vessel of God's use, for HIS purpose and not my own. When I received this call of opportunity, my heart was so touched.


To be able to tell ladies I don't know...all about the LORD and his goodness and share His precious Words of Hope. Some were church members and saved ladies..and some were guest.
Oh how you pray that you've touched a heart in the midst...and maybe per chance a soul in need of the Saviour...saw him in your words.

Philippians 2:2-3 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.


It was a Mother-daughter banquet with an emphasis on the family... physically and spiritually. I spoke on our need as Christian women to seek to be a blessing in our Church Family..as MOTHERS....GRANDMOTHERS...and SISTERS. I gave illustrations of how you can fill a void in someone's life...and be that encouragement they need and that comfort of LOVE.

Pam in Jerusalem and I ...are mother and daughter IN THE LORD, formed by God's blessing and common salvation.

Then there are two young sweet women in my son's church who have been such a joy to my daughter in law and become true SISTERS to her..IN THE LORD. They have filled a void in her life for that Sister companion she's always needed...and they have encouraged her in her walk with the LORD. AMEN.

Then there is the GRANDMA...so many in the church..right? There are kids in your church who need that example of Timothy's grandmother, Lois. That LEGACY of faith that shows endurance of trials and faith that stands the test.

Here is the poem I wrote for the occasion..I hope it is a reminder to you of your importance in the smallest ways that encourage. It IS a ministry.

I saw you...LORD

In her kindness, hope and love
Her faith, set my affections above.

She spoke a few words to show she cared
As I passed by...

Then there came a hug of comfort...
At just the right time.

I saw you...LORD

In her meekness and humbleness of mind
She's that price far above rubies, the hardest to find.

I am so blessed...

To see YOU...LORD

in her.


copyright Hope 2008

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi! Somehow I missed that you have a second blog! I guess I read your post and don't remember to check the sidebar.
What a blessing to be able to speak in your son's church.
The ladies luncheon looked lovely... I like the colors you picked.

HOPE said...

Thank you for stopping by here too Deb...I had deleted several post here and had planned to change it and then decided to keep it as THIS IS THE DAY..so much can be put on here..

The other post with photos is the luncheon at my own church that I plan each year. This one was so special with us honoring a dear MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER and SISTER in the LORD to many of us.

The opportunity to speak came after our luncheon..but dear sweet Betty came to my mind as I prayed and thought about the devotion for my son's church.

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

I saw the link to this blog on your other blog. I haven't been checking here because you said you had closed it. When I saw the link, I figured maybe, just maybe, there was still some activity going on here ;) I'm so glad I clicked over!
I'm SURE the luncheon was a blessing to all those in attendance! I love the poem you wrote for it.
Love,
Your Daughter in the LORD

Daughter of the King said...

oh I am so glad you are posting here Hope. The poem is beautfiul.
Your subject sounds like something that so many, including myself need to hear.
Can I say, you are one of those someones, to me here in blogland.
Deby

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

This is a poem that describes you to a "T", Hope. I am so glad that I "know" you. Have a great day. I am sure that all the women who heard you speak were very blessed. connie from Texas