Thursday, June 19, 2008

Guess How Much...I love you.


The story by Sam McBratney titled:

GUESS HOW MUCH..I LOVE YOU...

...is about Little Nutbrown (rabbit) trying to express his love to Big Nutbrown Hare. He strives and strives to outbeat Big Nutbrown Hare's expression of love which always exceeds Little Nutbrown. In the end Little Nutbrown thinks he has accomplished the far reaches of his love to the moon...and falls asleep. However, Big Nutbrown Hare..whispers.. "I love you right up to the moon.......and back."

I enjoyed so much reading to my grandchildren as they all plopped in my lap...all 4! Hardly any room! Two boys on the arms of the recliner and the girls on each lap..and me, peeking in between trying to read to them! It was so much fun. Cuddling and reading wonderful stories.

This one in particular we liked to exaggerate the parts...

I love YOU...this MUCH!


It was always such a joy these moments...I cherish..for many reasons and

This is the day...I rejoice in the remembrances of the times I shared the LORD with my grandchildren in illustrations like this.

What an opportunity to show the magnificent LOVE of our Saviour...

For GOD so LOVED the WORLD...

that he gave his only begotten SON... John 3:16


Sharing the most blessed love of God in his mercies and kindness. In giving us not only is dear Son as our Saviour..but giving us HIS BOOK..HIS WORD.

The best book of all to read! Oh the illustrations of LOVE found in this wondrous book of books!

Children are so precious and they know real love when it is given. Perhaps this is why Jesus was so protective of little children!

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children,and forbid them not, to come unto me; for such is the kingdom of heaven.

(definition: suffer also means to allow)

The humbleness of a little child....the sweetness of the pure heart of love.

Just as when I'd hear my grandchildren coming to the door as they'd visit. So excited with squeals running to greet me with hugs! Even though they knew they must behave at Nana's house!

They are a bit too big now to all fit on the chair...and they have moved a good distance away...so "story time" is few and far between now.

But, how I do rejoice in the time that I did spend with them in their younger years. I pray that seeds planted in sharing the Lord's love will be forever in their hearts and minds as they grow up. I pray that as a Grandmother...I had a Godly influence on their little lives and they know how very much I love them...

...I pray above all, they will always know...God's love can never be surpassed!!

I John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

4 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

How sweet! You know, I've never read that book. I've seen it lots of times, but just never read it.

I'm SURE your grandkids know how much you love them and have wonderful memories of the time you've spent with them. You spent relatively little time with my oldest, and she still remembers you fondly as her 'Nana' and (btw) sent a letter to you today that she wrote of her own will... I didn't even get to read it! We moved when my son was only 4 months old, but the love you've shown him by mail has given him a love for you... his Nana. If my kids feel this way about you.... I have NO DOUBT that your own grandchildren must feel an even greater love!!

HOPE said...

Pam thank you so much for the rejoicing I can have today in your children also!

What a blessing to know that even the little guy ;) can have a fondness so far away. Just proof...as our love of the LORD is found in His word..your son has been able to grasp just mine! Surely he will be sensitive to the wonderous love of GOD in His Words!

Daughter of the King said...

oh that is so sweet....and I too have loved reading to grandchildren....they are sheer joy and what a blessing from God.
Deby
I am Nana too.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I have loved reading to my Grandchildren especially the Bible. I have loved each stage in the lives of my Grandchildren.

I am sure that your Grandchildren love you as much as you love them.