Monday, June 23, 2008

Unselfish...LOVE


Since my last post was about Guess How Much ..I love you.....this seemed appropriate to follow.

This is a photo of my blue hutch I received...oh many many years ago.

I came home from teaching one day and as I entered the kitchen...here was this cute country blue hutch. I had always wanted a hutch and this one I surely would have picked out myself!

My wonderful husband...chose it! and had it delivered early that day as a surprise!

"WOW! ...WHAT??...for me?...but...but..

it's YOUR birthday today....not mine!!!

Oh, I LOVE it! and I LOVE YOU!!!"


My husband purchased this for me on HIS birthday to manifest an unselfish love that he wanted to express. He felt that by taking HIS day and making it mine it was just one of many ways to say he loved me.

I cherish this hutch...and when we moved to our present home there was not enough room in the dining area for it...so, I decided...it would look great in my guest/sewing room as a keepsake hutch! I decorated the room around the hutch to give it a shabby chic look. I made the shelf linings and added lace to drape down for a feminine touch. Many times I thought about painting it white..as I love white furniture...

but..I just couldn't bring myself to changing anything about this at all..it spoke of LOVE and each time I look at it, I recall that first glance as I walked into my kitchen many years ago. The surprise, the warmth in my heart and the unselfish act of my wonderful husband that day.

Once again...LOVE is manifest.

When I think of LOVE...as a Christian...

it is always...unselfish...or should be!

We live in a world of self gratification. Everything is to please self. So it takes a deliberate act to show love...to express it in a way that others know there was no ulterior motive for self.

When I received this hutch on my husband's birthday...the message said...

I'm giving up MY day for you!

Oh if people could only grasp the love of Christ! The ultimate unselfish love of our Saviour!

My heart is smitten whenever I recall the words of Jesus as he is put on the cross to die for our sins..

....Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34a

He went to the cross with a heart ready to forgive! He knew they had no idea they were looking at the blessed SON of GOD! but one day they would..

as is found in Acts 2:37-38a Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins....

They heard the preaching of Jesus and realized WHO he was...

Oh the neglect of hearing and understanding.

Romans 19:17 So then faith cometh by hearing,and hearing by the word of God.

I read something quite interesting in Gail Riplinger's book In Awe of Thy Word..

Preach...(means to reach each person with the word) notice (P)reach.

God has manifested His LOVE to us in his WORD and by the Preaching of faithful Pastors.

Unselfish LOVE...the ultimate is found in the LORD Jesus Christ.

This is the day...I rejoice in the love of my Saviour..shared in the acts of my Christian husband who unselfishly continues to love as Christ loved.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. Ephesians 5:25

The day I received my hutch...was just a day...my husband gave himself.

An unselfish...act of LOVE.

6 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

What a wonderful husband!! That was such a beautiful picture of his love for you and of His(Jesus')love for all of us. Thank you for sharing this.

Heather said...

I think this is my first visit to this blog! Yes, what a wonderful husband...how thoughtful!

HOPE said...

Thanks for stopping by Heather..you have been here before..I deleted some of the post and was not going to have this anymore and changed my mind!!

Plus gave it a new look...

Daughter of the King said...

Oh I just love your hutch and the story that goes with it...it is so wonderful. I am a hutch girl, I think I could truly have them in every room.
What a special man your guy is....I too have been blessed by such a guy that loves me so unconditionally...I am so thankful as I can tell that you are.
We will be celebrating 37 years in the Fall....oh how I love married love.
Deby

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Hi :)
Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog :)
I love your hutch and the story too. What a sweet husband you are blessed with :)
Love & God bless you,
Candy

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Husbands can be so loving and giving . This is just the way that they are meant to be, I believe. When husbands love like this, it makes it much easier for us wives to be submissive to that kind of love. connie from Texas

Even if they are loving like this, we are still to be submissive.