Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GO TELL THE UNTOLD

This is the day...I rejoice in the blessings of watching a young man I've known from his youth...be ordained as a

Missionary to Puerto Rico.

His verse for the field.

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

A song that is befitting: Go Tell the Untold Millions

Go in the power the Lord will provide you,

Led by the Spirit each day,

You cannot fail on the mission He sends you

Go then, no longer delay.

God tell the untold millions...Over the whole world wide;

God tell the untold millions...Tell of the crucified.



This young man...had the opportunity to finish college and go on in business...but he has chosen...willfully... to serve God on the mission field.

He struggled for a few years with knowing God's will for his life. He has always been faithful working in the local church and even started his own Spanish ministry... He looks back now, and yes...sees the preparations for the work he has been given and called to do. He is now...ready.

Tears filled my eyes as I beheld a young man who use to play with my boys growing up. Now...a Preacher of the Gospel. What joy it brings to my heart and such a wonderful confirmation of the good work God is doing in the lives of our young people.

This is also the day....I rejoice in hearing that my eldest son...gave his testimony at his church this same Sunday. His Pastor asked if he could give testimony on being brought up in a Christian home. My daughter in law...said it touched her heart so much to hear his boldness and his thankfulness to God for the mercies and graces shown in his life from his youth to now.

My son...and his best friend both shared on the same day the good work of God in their lives.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...

4 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

What a blessing!! I think I know whom you're speaking of too ;)

Daughter of the King said...

oh this is wonderful...and more souls will be saved..Praise the Lord.
Deby

Deborah said...

Praise the Lord!!

I was wondering if you would like to add this blog to my blogroll? It's for selfish reasons...it would give me easier access to it! LOL

HOPE said...

Oh I'd love to be added Deb...

and DEBY...amen yes..MORE souls saved! I have no doubt of the good work this young man will do!

Yep..Pam...you know!! ;)