Tuesday, July 22, 2008

O That Will Be GLORY....


THIS IS THE DAY...I rejoice in God's care

... over my dear sweet friend (daughter in the LORD) Pam at Good News From A Far Country blog. You must go read if you haven't already, the safety of her family this day in Jerusalem!!

Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

When I think of this verse I can picture the horse that is prepared for battle...his armour covering him securely and his lean muscles prepare him for speed and strength. And yet he is vulnerable as all. I recall reading recently about a race horse falling just after winning the race. An injury caused the horse to be put down right there on the spot. A WINNER...gone in a moment. Man could not retain his life.

There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit: neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war...
Ecclesiastes 8:8


How oft has GOD graciously watched over you? I don't think I'd finish ever telling of the times I can remember God watching over me, my family and my friends.

My own salvation testimony...the night I trusted Christ as my Saviour...I knew after being in a car accident: I could have died in my sins!! I knew that night...my life was not my own!

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body,and in your spirit which are God's. I Corinthians 6:20

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. I Corinthians 6:11


Even before this notable night...I can recall in my youth many times God intervened and gave safety.

As I prayed for Pam this morning and her safety. I also thought upon other's whom I know and am praying for fervently, for their peace in time of severe trials in health. I thought upon this song... these old hymns that speak so clearly of the hope and joy before us. It brings me great comfort as I think upon my Christian friends who are or will soon be with the Lord.

When all my labors and trials are o'er
And I am safe on that beautiful shore
Just to be near the dear Lord I adore
Will thru the ages be glory for me...

O that will be....glory for me... Glory for me...Glory for me..

When by his grace I shall look on His face...That will be glory..be glory for me!


When by the gift of his infinite grace
I am accorded in heaven a place
Just to be there and to look on his face
Will thru the ages be glory for me...

O that will be....glory for me... Glory for me...Glory for me..

When by his grace I shall look on His face...That will be glory..be glory for me!


Friends will be there I have loved long ago
Joy like a river around me will flow
Yet, just a smile from Savior I know
Will thru the ages be glory for me...


O that will be....glory for me... Glory for me...Glory for me..

When by his grace I shall look on His face...That will be glory..be glory for me!

Charles H. Gabriel 1856-1932


For now though...I'll have my cup of tea and sing this song below, in Praise to God for his care in keeping my friend here for now, so I can glean from her sweet testimony of faith.

Brethren we have met to worship ... And adore the Lord our God.

1 comment:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!! It was a blessing (in disguise) to be able SEE God's protection of us. So many times we don't see what 'could have been' I'm glad to have this testimony of God's love and protection.
I love you!!