Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Letters



Hidden in my heart was his presence...that of my earthly father.

As I grew up I often wondered if he thought upon me. Around that same age of 10 with my heart broken over the failed marriage plans of my mother; I decided to write my grandmother and just ask for my father's address!


"Dear Daddy... I think about you all the time and asked Grandma to give me your address. I know that you must be very busy with the war. I pray for the soldiers.

I am ten years old now and love school. We had a school election to learn about voting and I ran for Vice President! I made posters and gave a speech too! My best friend won though. But, that is okay. We still like each other.

I have a cat, she is black and white. Do you like cats?

I hope you like this letter and write back.

I love you daddy."


Weeks passed and I wondered if I would ever get an answer.

LETTER DAY!

I received a letter addressed on military stationary.

My daddy...a soldier..

I was proud of him, even if I didn't spend time with him.

The letter was short. He told me about serving in Viet Nam. He also sent a patch of his unit and a photo of himself.

I cherished the photo...

How pleased he was to hear I did well in school and asked about my sister and mother. He also told me if I needed anything that my uncle would always know where to find him.

He signed it... with love, dad.

I belonged to him...he is mine and I am his!

(He soon retired after I received this letter...and I never heard another word)

Disappointments were innumerable as I grew up. It seemed that promises were so futile and my longing for that security of a father...farther and farther off.

Time passed on and the activities of life took hold..yet that void was ever present.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY....I thank the Lord GOD as my Heavenly Father for his unfailing promises! I rejoice in the security of eternal life...PROMISED in his word.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:28-29


Dear reader..you can never be unfathered! Whether in earthly means or Spiritual!
A man father's a child who is his until he passes this life. A child born of man cannot be unborn! Just as the new birth in Christ! You cannot become unborn to God!

A man can deny his children...but that seed within is a being that lives forever! Nor can that seed of GOD within the receiving heart of salvation...ever be plucked from the hand of God the Father, it lives also forever!

You have a promise from the God of all creation...

In whom (Jesus Christ) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: In whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.
Ephesians 1:13


a promise in His letter to you...his WORD!

THIS IS THE DAY...I rejoice in the promises of my HEAVENLY FATHER! I find comfort and rest in the security of his great love and truth.

I can...trust him.

9 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Once again you have the same kinds of memories as me. Praise God! He will never forsake us!!

~~Deby said...

I am thankful to KNOW that I am HIS forever and HE will never leave me...yes, I am THANKFUL...another great post,Hope.
Deby

HOPE said...

Amen Pam...and I'm so glad he gave me you as a daughter in the LORD.

Deby...thank you...what a joy to know also the great fellowship of his saints in HIM!

Cora from Nelia's Primitive Place said...

I felt sad as I felt the disappointment of that childhood heart! When my Mom died when I was eight, I felt abandoned and never understood it all, really. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that God had walked so close beside me all that time, protecting me, keeping me, and slowly bringing me to Himself. Yes, I still sometimes yearn for the closeness of a mother. but He has proven himself faithful a million times over!

Thanks for such an endearing reminder!

Cora

HOPE said...

Thank you Cora for visiting...so many of us have this void..and yet GOD was indeed there all along as he is now

...working still in our lives...

bringing us closer in our walk with HIM.

Girly said...

He is the Father for the fatherless... I'm so sad for your loss. I don't know how this must have hurt you as a child, and even as an adult, but praise be to God for the fact that you do know Him. You are the apple of His eye and He will never abandon you.

Deborah said...

Hope...I have something for you on my blog.

blackberrycottage said...

Amen!
hi Hope, thanks for stopping by my blogs. so nice to have you visit. I do love how you write from the heart.
May the Lord bless you abundantly today!
hugs Sandra in NZ

Sharon said...

So many children live with disappointments. If someone could just point them to the Father in Heaven so they can experience His Great Love.