Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Journey Home

My dear sweet friend Donna has gone to be with the LORD. She passed away in peace with her family surrounding her.

This lovely young woman will be remembered for her kind heart, gentle spirit and faithfulness. During this journey home to be with the LORD, she has shown amazing courage and strength of faith.

Her family has also been a shining example of the peace that faith in our LORD Jesus Christ brings to us at times of great need. Oh that all might know his saving grace and his sufficient grace in these times of our lives. Reality is so real...and as you watch or know of a Christian passing from this life to the next; it is evident of his presence in their lives.

I will write more tomorrow.

Please pray for her family at this time as they make preparations and also as they must travel a great distance to bring her back to their hometown. They have been in Arizona for treatments the past few months.

Thank you to all who have prayed. God bless you with the strength to trust the LORD at all times.

This is the day....I thank my God for his blessed peace and assurance that HEAVEN is ours...we wait for that blessed day when we see him face to face.

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

6 comments:

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, I am sorry for the loss of your friend on this earth. I know that heaven is rejoicing at her homecoming. What a great day it will be when you see her again one day. connie from Texas

Cherish the Home said...

I am very sorry for your loss but rejoice in knowing that she is with the Saviour.

{{{Gentle Hugs}}}
~Michele

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

I will continue to pray for comfort for her family and friends. And that God will use the testimony of her life to bring others closer to God.

Deborah said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but praise the Lord, as your previous post said...O that will be glory for 'her'!

~~Deby said...

thank you for letting us know...I have been praying for her.
I am sure she is rejoicing in Heaven....yet it is so hard for those who's turn has not yet come...
Will pray for her and all those who love her.
~~Deby

HOPE said...

Connie. Michele, Pam, Deborah and Deby...

thank you so much for your kind words, heart and prayers.

thank you most of all for the encouragement of each of you ladies in your walk with the LORD.

Our desire...to edify oneanother!