Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Precious in God's Eyes



Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psalm 116:15


The past few months my heart has been full with thoughts and prayers for my friend Donna...and another woman with cancer named Colleen.

Colleen has also gone to be with the LORD...Saturday. Donna...Monday.

I found Colleen's blog...homeschoolblogger.com/prayerbasket on Scraps of Glory's site. Colleen shares her journey of faith as she faces each day knowing she is going home to be with the LORD. I was so touched by her courage and her words of hope and faith. I've prayed fervently for her.

It is so wonderful to know that as you read of some one's faith in the LORD that that common bond of Christ brings them close to your heart as if you know them. For, yea..we know Christ!

How amazing it is...to know that one day... I will see Colleen and she will know me!

My heart is so very full as I think upon two women having been chosen to go home to Heaven, just days apart of one another! Two families showing the Grace of God in a very difficult time for them. Showing forth the praises of God in his good work in these two lives...oh what a witness!

The soberness it will bring to so many that take each day for granted. And then, those whose hearts will surely be touched in ways they've never known.

Her funeral is tomorrow morning. Donna's the same time...only Monday.

If you go to Scraps of Glory you can read a wonderful excerpt from Pilgrim's Progress in her post on Colleen's death.

And now...we recall the comforting scriptures. Our Faithful God gives us o'er and o'er. His promises never fail...and his mercies are new everyday.

But I would not have you to be ignorant brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

This is the day... I find comfort in my God...the God of all hope, mercy and loving kindness. His promises that give us peace and his blessed Word that gives us the understanding of His ways.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Praise God we can know!

9 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Truly, the peace that passes all understanding.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I am so very thankful for the promises of God in situations such as you have written. God bless you, Hope. connie from texas

HOPE said...

Pam and Connie..thank you for confirming with your comments the witness of the LORD in many lives..yours and mine and these two precious ladies now with the LORD.

God bless each of you for your faithfulness.

~~Deby said...

It has been said many times that there is a difference in the way people die, Christian vs NON....
and these testimonials are sure evidence that GOD indeed was their everything and they knew they were going HOME.....in the flesh I sorely miss those who have gone HOME, but know that they are where we all WANT to be....at least all of those who have Jesus as their Saviour...
~~Deby

HOPE said...

Yes...Deby...the PEACE that passeth all understanding. It is always such a witness to nurses and doctors who at times must feel totally helpless and yet see our GOD in these lives!

Maxine said...

Hello Hope,
Thanks so much for your words at my Scraps blog and for your words here. My sympathies on the death of your friend Donna. But our sorrow is not so much for Donna and Colleen is it? Only for those of us who are left behind. Also, Thanks for posting that verse from Psalm 116. It's so appropriate for these two saints.
The Lord has blessed many with their two lives.

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Hope,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement that you left at my blog, I truly appreciate the time you took to leave those words for me. I know there are many sisters going through various illnesses and it's awesome to see support, prayer, love, encouragement, but most of words of hope from sisters that the Lord has touched with this ministry. The Lord also touched my heart to write a blog of encouragement and hope and I do feel such a kindred spirit with you. If you look under blogoversay on the side bar of my blog it will tell of how I began my journey to blogging. I also noticed your other blog and felt such a tug upon my heart to see this other delicate ministry you have there. I can feel the Lord filling your spirit and soul with all that he is and all that he has, you are truly a blessing to meet.

Hugz Lorie

Sharon said...

God bless you in writing this touching post. I truly enjoyed it and it reminds us that God is always there for us if we but call out to Him.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope..
Please come to my blog I have two awards for you.

Hugz Lorie