Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tis' Only One Life....

A familiar phrase...

Tis' only one life, twill soon be past....Only whats done for Christ will last.


My friend Bryn Riplinger sings this as a song on her CD. I love the words and the reminder of how short our life really is and that there is so much to accomplish for the LORD.

Tis' only one life..twill soon be past..and only what's done for Christ..will ever last. The things we do today..so soon will pass away. So give your all to Jesus Christ...for he gave his all for you...

Tis' only one life...twill soon be past.


James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

As my friend Donna passed away and our dear sweet blogger Colleen...we are reminded of the short time we have. Donna was young...just 45 years of age. Children still needing her care.

God desired to bring her HOME. God's will was done. Man could not retain her life.

People ask..WHY? Children in need of a mother?

God knows best. He knows the depths of the heart and how to reach down and touch man's heart. Perhaps, as I encouraged her...God will use this to save all her children and bring them home to her safely in the arms of Jesus. Perhaps..another soul on the verge of decision...chose Christ at this vital time..realizing their own life's time span also could be short.

As we passed by the family at the graveside...I told her husband about Colleen.

"..the LORD chose to take two precious saints home just days apart!"

He smiled. He knows God's ways are the best ways and he is at peace.

I look forward to hearing of the many blessings that come from God's desire in all this. I know, one of her son's is back in church. Isn't that what she was praying for?

As I thought upon these two women's lives... I couldn't help but think on the phrase and song..Tis only one life...twill soon be past...only what's done for Christ will last.

It's a good time to take inventory of your life and what you truly value in each day.

Does each day?

Have time in prayer for lost souls? For Missionaries on the field?

Kind words of encouragement to those around you?

Faithfulness in reading God's Word...His love letter to you!

Hold a thankful heart for all God has done for you? his provisions and his mercies!

A forgiving heart? Has someone offended you? Did they really intend to? Can you forgive and forget and have a clean heart towards them?

Give way to say..."I'm sorry"..."I was the one in the wrong"

Dear friends...

take time today to ponder these thoughts and let them stay within your heart daily...

live each day as if it were your last...have no regrets! and let those you leave remember the love and life you lived for Jesus Christ.

For HE IS WORTHY!

THIS IS THE DAY.... I thank the LORD that he spared my life in a car accident over 30 years ago...it was then, I trusted HIM as my personal Saviour! It was then that I saw the reality of life and death...for myself. I could have....died in my sins. Praise GOD for that faithful witness who showed me the Scriptures of truth!

One important DAY...that made all the difference!

Tis' only one life... I will live for Christ!!

4 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

What encouraging words... thank you. Truly, we should evaluate the things we do each day to see if they will be lasting or not. Thank you for this reminder.

Sara said...

This was such a thought-provoking post! I have to admit that I fail to appreciate those around me some of the time. We never know how dear someone is to us until we lose them. Thank you so much for the reminder to never take our loved ones for granted.
~Sara

Velvia said...

Hi Hope!
This is a much needed reminder, we need to live our lives daily with God's purpose in mind. I'll be praying for the families of Donna and Colleen.
Love, Velvia

~~Deby said...

Excellant post HOPE, that is why I am on a blogging break..of sorts (LOL).....needing to assess a few things in my life...and to see if there is eternal value in them?
The Lord has been speaking to my heart...as I am finally listening...and truly having more time.
~~Deby