Monday, September 15, 2008

A Burdened Heart


As a young woman of nineteen years I began my journey with the LORD...my heavenly Father. What joy I found in knowing Him! I could read this love letter every day...any hour.

Just as a young child climbs into their father's lap for comfort and security. I now found mine...in the Words of GOD, my Father.

I was always troubled at some one's death. I had no assurance of where they went when they died. I wanted to know!

In the witness of this young man; it was at that time of my salvation that all peace flooded my soul. I knew.. I knew now...by faith in the shed blood of Christ for the remission of my sins...I now..will go to Heaven! Washed clean from my sins! AMEN!

Of course I married this young man, who won the admiration of my heart. We started a family and he eventually attended Bible College.

We both grew in the grace and knowledge of the LORD and understanding of His ways and will.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promises, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. II Peter 3:9

Once again..my thoughts began to reflect on my earthly father and I became very burdened for his soul.

Lord, I have to find him...I have a father out in this world somewhere...is he saved? Does he know you LORD?

Please, help me find him. I must give him the Gospel...I must give him the truth and hope!


Where do I begin to look?

My grandmother had passed away years earlier and I had not been in contact with any of my father's family.

I pondered many ways...and then decided to seek out one of my uncles.

His wife, the one who always wrote my mother. She was SAVED! I remember the letter with her testimony!!! I'll find my uncle...I'd remember the address. They lived there for so many years..they must still be there!

Of all places...New York! and with a very common name...my chances seemed slim. But, with prayer and confidence in my trek...I was sure to find him.

"Hello Uncle..this is your niece. I am fine, thank you. Oh, I'm 24 yrs. old now and happily married with three children. I'm calling to ask if you know how I can reach my father?

You do...you have his address! Oh, that's okay if it's an old one. (he had not heard from my dad in a very long time) I'd like to write him a letter. I'll just put "forward" on the envelope. Oh, thank you so much. It was wonderful talking with you. I will...I'll keep in touch.



My prayer was answered..there was hope!

Praise ye the LORD, Praise the LORD, O my soul.
While I live will I praise the LORD:
I will sing praise unto my God while I have any being.
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever.
Psalm 146:1-6

9 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Having a burden for the souls of others... what a great assurance of salvation that is.

And how excited you must have felt to have this hope of finding your father! I can imagine that you had all sorts of 'dreams' about your first meeting, what you would say, etc. I can't wait to read more!

Deborah said...

Waiting to read more........!!

HOPE said...

indeed Pam...one of the greatest attributes of a SAVED person..is the burden for LOST souls..

wanting to give them that joy of knowing not only that your sins are completely forgiven..but also a place in HEAVEN..eternal life of peace.

Home or abroad...the mission field in all around us...even in our own families.

That Good Part said...

Like Deborah, I can't wait to read more.

Love your scripture selections!♥

blackberrycottage said...

Bless you hope and thank you so much for your sweet encouraging comment. I was so touched and it made me realise that I truly am not alone.
You have blessed me today my friend. May the Lord bless you in a very special way!
hugs Sandra nz

Sara said...

Hope, thank you so much for your words on my blog post. And thank you also for sharing your testimony and how you were able to contact your father. That is so exciting, and proof that God indeed does answer prayers!
You are a blessing!
Sara

Sharon said...

I have a few posts to catch up on here.

Thank you so much, Hope, for your prayers and your kind words of encouragement during Carissa's illness. It meant a lot to me. :)

~~Deby said...

This is so good...Hope....looking forward to more installments...
~Deby

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope..
My dear Sistah you are a blessing and have such a beautiful heart, You are such an encouragement to me with your words of caring, kindness , and compassion, and your prayers.My prayer for you is that the Lord will give the desires of your heart according to his will for your life. I will be keeping up this story, what a heatfelt testimony.

Luv ya Lorie