Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Please Forward"


Walking to the mailbox...an everyday habit...usually expecting a bill of some sort..

My father found a letter

A very special letter with his daughter's name as the sender!

and "PLEASE FORWARD" written on the front and back of the envelope..

She's looking for me!

His heart so full...he stood at the mailbox for a long time, just holding the letter unopened.

His wife noticed it was taking him quite a while to check the mail and as she walked out the door...

he drew near, he held his hand out with tears in his eyes

She too was amazed!

Oh, she must have just gotten married and wanted to tell you!

As they both sat down to read the letter...

Words came of her wonderful husband and small growing family...and a life of joy as a Christian young woman...

He sat dazed...she hadn't forgotten me!

His wife would tell me later...it was the happiest day of his life.

Is it possible that all these years, he wanted a "Little Princess"...but was too ashamed of his life and the reasons for divorce...and the agreement to stay away.

He also had a deep void in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as he had gone to the mailbox as usual...

I was busy about my daily home keeping when the telephone rang...

"It's your DAD!"

I rolled my eyes thinking it was a friend playing a joke...but my husband with a serious look on his face said...

"It IS your dad!"

I froze for a moment...

MY LETTER...MY LETTER!....reached him!

...GOD answered my prayer!

Hear my prayer, O LORD,
give hear to my supplications:
in faithfulness answer me,
and in thy righteousness.
Psalm 143:1


We spoke for a little while. He asked how I found him and how much it meant to him receiving my letter.

"We want to fly you and your family to visit us! Can you come?"


I couldn't believe what I was hearing...now a trip...visit in person!

All expenses paid!! I was overwhelmed.

The journey of a "Princess"...was about to begin.

Delight thyself also in the LORD;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD;
trust also in him;
and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope,
This is so exciting! I can hardly wait for the next post. :)

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to read more :)

Beverly said...

Oh - I can hardly wait to hear what God does next! Thank you for your encouragements on my blog. You have a lovely blog - and some wonderful things are happening! Praying for you!

That Good Part said...

How wonderful...I feel the suspense building ;D

~~Deby said...

oh this is so good.....
and how the Lord forwarded that letter....that doesn't happen that often...truly the Lord...
waiting for the next installment...
~Deby

Maxine said...

Oh my goodness! This was so precious to read. I will be checking back for more of the story. God bless all of you!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, I am kind of loss as to what is going on, on your blog, it has been several weeks since I have been able to visit anyone but I wanted you to know what a blessing you have been in visiting me even though I was not able to return those visits. Thank you so much for that and most of all for your prayers for me and my family during the hurricane and especially and most of all for baby Alisa Grace safe arrival. She now weighs 4 pounds and 12 ounces. Even though they have brough her home others will not be able to be around her for another week but that is alright as long as she is safe and sound. Thank you so much for praying for her mother, Heather and her for the months before her birth. We are so blest.

I will come again soon. love you, by the way, I have lost my old e-mail addresses and my new one is:
jimandconniemc@yahoo.com, if you don't have it. I don't have yours now that mine old ones are lost.

Have a great day. connie

Deborah said...

I missed this post! Somehow your blog wasn't on my bloglist...I'm sure I put it there!
Can't wait to read the next.

Sara said...

This gave me goosebumps...what an exciting and special surprise this must have been for you!

Elaine said...

Praise the Lord! Psalm 107:8

One of my closest friends just found her father about 6 to 8 months ago. It was very exciting for her.