Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Once Again



Once again...I am my father's Princess...oh, what joy to know that my father was now a Christian! My dreams and desires come true! Surely Psalm 37:4-5 had indeed come to pass.

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:4-5



DELIGHT
...to be excited about the things of GOD...the promises...the mercies...the good work of faith!

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. Psalm 94:19


Thy testimonies are my delight and my counsellers. Psalm 119:24



DESIRES
...not pleasures...not greed...BUT HIS WILL.
My desire was His will..that all men might be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth!

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:4

Of course it is every persons choice! Not all men will be saved. How very heart wrenching. To know the truth is right in our midst and to reject it. What a sorrowful way to end life. I cannot even imagine the horror of knowing this ...after death.

Have you ever made a choice in life that you regret?...that you grieve over, even now, that you cannot change...at all! This is what life without Christ will be like in the end.

I am so thankful, as I write this post and Thanksgiving this week. Oh, to Praise my Saviour for his love towards me..towards man.

Set aside pride...and realize the GOD of all creation desires...to delight in YOU! He desires to bless you now and even give you life eternal! Look what he has done for so many...and my father.

As my father found victory from the sin that was destroying his life...I recall this verse in Psalms. Oh how the Psalms are filled with the delights of man towards God...and God toward man...read and see!

By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. Psalm 41:11

The enemy of sin.

Though in this life we do suffer the calamities of the flesh and our past life. We do still reap what we sow. This flesh still has it's scars. Grace from God enables us to go on in life. I believe a clear conscience (redeemed) can help one endure any trial of this flesh. But once this life is ended in Christ...all is gone and as Revelation 21

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4

And so..as my father attended church with us and began to grow in the knowledge of the LORD and his will; he also understood what sin cost.

He had lost his family many years ago...he lost another dear wife...and his health.

His health would be affected again. The cancer returned.

Yet, now, he knew the LORD and he had peace as never before.

He had to have a Laryngectomy. Surgery to remove his larynx. This took his voice away.

Prior to his surgery, he went into another room and called my step-mom. I don't know the extent of the conversation, but, I believe he witnessed to her. He did tell me afterwards...

"I told her...GOD took away my smokin'...and now he's taking away my cussin'! He said this with a smile."

He was acknowledging the fact...I believe...that GOD was worthy of Praise and not the words that he spoke too many times.

My father did well in his surgery and was given a handheld device to speak (roughly). He made himself signs to hold up in church!

AMEN! Hallelujah! Praise the LORD!

What excitement it brought to others, knowing his testimony and now this! Holding up signs in the midst of a message giving his Amen too! we laughed, we cried, we rejoiced!

A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST...

The evidence is known...

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. I John 5;20

6 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, your dad had such a good attitude about losing his voice! I know that would be very hard for me. Is there still more to the story?

HOPE said...

The story continues!!

More GRACE abounds!

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Wow, I never knew this about your Dad. Such an amazing testimony of how God changes lives! I can't wait to read more!

Sharon said...

Hope, This is such a beautiful testimony and I want you to know that it has blessed me to read this. To know that your dad got saved and even through his trials and loss of voice, he still praises God!!! It just gives me chill bumps! :D
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Abounding Treasures said...

How you must have rejoiced when your Dad got saved!

What a powerful testimony to how God changes lives when your Dad lost his voice but was able to praise the Lord in the midst of such a trial/

Amazing grace!

Joy said...

The signs... I love it! Yes, God changes lives--I am living proof. I am so thankful the Lord kept after me, even though it took a serious illness to bring me to my knees, I am thankful He did it!