Monday, November 3, 2008

Without Excuse

Romans chpt. 2 verse 19-21

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.


The dictionary definition of an Atheist:

non-believer...free thinker...skeptic

denies the existence of a Divine being

refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine

impossible to know anything about GOD.


Through many visits with my dad after our initial meeting. I trusted the LORD to prove himself to this Atheist. My Dad.

Surely...in that first meeting; he had to know that this wasn't by chance: His daughter after twenty years finds him through a letter written with Please Forward all over the front and back! That he just happen to live close enough to visit. Had he or I lived overseas...what would the chances have been of getting together? The distance and the cost?

And...truly, he was thankful! Wasn't he? Tears at the mailbox!

God saw fit to give us time...and then an absence would come by God's design. If you have read or (please do) read my blog Watering Wells of Hope...God chose to send us overseas to Switzerland. It was during this time of great trial in our lives...my father was very much aware of though afar off. We corresponded by letter and phone calls. My father knew every detail of the great needs we encountered from time to time...and the answers to PRAYER.

I'd like to take this time to encourage you dear reader in God's perfect work and plan in our lives...lost or saved. I always picture our lives like the spokes on a wheel. We at the center and God's work going forth through the spokes..in all directions...yet...turning in the same direction..TO GOD.

For a lost person (one without Christ in their life) the spokes go out in different means by which to reach the poor lost soul. To show them His presence and work.

For the saved..believer..born again... the spokes are His work in you and through you....as you journey on closer in fellowship with your Saviour.


This is what God was doing in my father's life.

Giving him...a glimpse of hope...God's care revealed...hearts of other "Christians"... mercy and grace in time of great need.

A testimony of HIS EXISTENCE!!!

8 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope.
Reading this just brought back memories of my dad. It took about 20 years of me going home and trying to to witness to him. During that time I realized that it was me showing him God's Love and not so much the words that finally touched his heart. Three months before he died he gave his life to Christ as he allowed me to lead him through the sinners prayer. I realized that everything happens in God's way and in God's time.

Hugz Lorie

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

What an exciting testimony! At the time this was all unfolding you couldn't see the big picture; it's so nice to be able to look back and see how God worked in every part.

Joy in the Burbs... said...

So glad you are back and sharing with us thru your blog. I did pray for you while you were absent. Hope all is well.
I love your picture of the spokes on a wheel. When I look back on my life I see with 20/20 vision God's hand in so many decisions and workings that were beyond our control. It is hard to see when your in the middle of it, but boy when you come out of it...It's there. It just amazes me.

Sara said...

Hope, this was such an encouraging post to me. I get discouraged so many times because I'm not quite sure where God is leading me. It's hard to trust and be confident that God will eventually reveal His will for me. Thank you for your beautiful reminder that He WILL show His will for me- I just need to be patient and stop questioning Him.

Love,
Sara

Deborah said...

My dad got saved at 58...God is good! I look forward the the next post!
btw...I've featured Watering Wells Of Hope on the KJV Blog Directory today.

Domestically Inclined said...

Mom got saved at 73 and MIL got saved at 83, I got to lead them both to the Lord jsut last year! Never give up hope...Hope :)
Keep shining God's love to your dad, it's God's kindness that leads us to repentance. Thanks for sharing.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I am so glad that you are feeling well enough to be back. This part of the story is very touching. I am so glad that God works ways in our life that we can't even imagine. connie

Maxine said...

We have a sovereign God and His providences are sure. This is quite a story and we all appreciate your sharing it with us here.