Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love to tell the story...


Tell me the story of Jesus,
Write on my heart every word,
Tell me the story most precious.
Sweetest that ever was heard.
1820-1915


I love to tell the story, tis pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it, More wonderfully sweet;
I love to tell the story, For some have never heard,
The message of salvation, From God's own holy Word.
1834-1911


Tell me the story softly, with earnest tones and grave,
Remember I'm the sinner, whom Jesus came to save.
Tell me the story always, If you would really be,
In any time of trouble. A comforter to me.
Tell me the old, old story, Tell me the old, old story.
Tell me the old, old story Of Jesus and His love.
1834-1911


There's a sweet and blessed story
Of the Christ who came from glory
Just to rescue me in mercy full and free
With His loving kindness sought me,
And from sin and shame he bought me,
Hallelujah! Jesus ransomed me.

Hallelujah what a Saviour Who can take a poor lost sinner,
Lift him from the miry clay and set him free!

I will ever tell the story..Shouting glory, glory, glory..
Hallelujah! Jesus ransomed me.

1849-1919


All songs giving glory to the LORD...for the work done in the hearts of man. I too, could write a song of praise for the work God has not only done in my own heart; but in the hearts of those I have prayed for and the wonderful privilege of seeing the salvation of converted souls.

What would my words contain...

Praise be to the LORD...my God and my Saviour
My eyes behold, The wonders of his hand,
My heart is lifted up in joy
His truths and promises still stand!

Praise be to the LORD...my God and my Saviour
My prayers, he's heard
My pleas have come before Him
My hearts desire....found in his precious Word!

Praise be to the LORD...my God and my Saviour
My confidence shall never be shattered
My steadfast hope...will always be true
Forever His praises...my lips shall scatter!

Praise be to the LORD...MY GOD AND MY SAVIOUR!

written by HOPE
December 2, 2008


As I write "this story" about my earthly father and my Heavenly Father; I truly rejoice in this work of God's mercy, grace and truth.

I read also today in my daily devotional reading... Mark chpt. 5:1-20 (awe the number of Grace!) the story ends with this verse..

And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel. Mark 5:20

I myself marvel at this story and that of my earthly father. Freed from the cords of sin and finding peace with God.

I love to tell the story!!

17 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

What beautiful words for a song... do you have a tune in mind?

What a blessing the Lord has given you (and me)... so many wonderful stories to tell!

blackberrycottage said...

Hi Hope,
I am so embarrassed I wrote a wrong name. I have been away from blogging for so long and I was trying to write responses to a few darling ladies and I do believe I put reply to you that was meant for another.
I did enjoy your post so much. I went and re-read and it blessed me. I love your writings. It comes from the wellspring of your heart and is precious.
Hope you are having a blessed day. Again my apologies for making an error with names.
much love,
hugs Sandra nz

Abounding Treasures said...

This was beautiful :o)

I wanted to thank you for your mediations on the post I had today about the *lingering season of winter* and how you were comparing it to the *Winter Season* of life ...
that spoke to me so much and really warmed my heart :o)

I left you a few comments over here as well ...

Blessings!

Sharon said...

Those are beautiful words you've written Hope!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I love the words, the songs, the story and I am very thankful for God's great grace, He gives to all. connie

HOPE said...

Thank you friends for you sweet comments that are always so encouraging. Theres is something about "comments" that bring smiles ;)

No tune yet..I think I'll pass the words on to a friend who can probably make it very special!

Hugs to you all..
HOPE

Beverly said...

Hope - such beautiful words. You are a blessing.

Domestically Inclined said...

O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth. Psalm 96:1

I just love it when God puts a new song in my heart don't you?
It is a wonderful song of praise.
Yes, my God does bring beauty for ashes!
Keep singing His praises!

the voice of melody said...

What beautiful words of praise for our Savior! I enjoyed reading your post so much.

Many sweet blessings!

~~Deby said...

oh...I too love the WORDS of both songs....what a gift to be able to do that...maybe we all have songs that need to be written, in Praise of our Lord and HIS mightiness and provision...GOD is so good Hope,
you always remind us of that...
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Hope,

When you mentioned writing a special poem for each child, I know it will be very *special* because you have such a gift with words :o)

HOPE said...

What wonderful encouragers you all are..

THANK YOU!

Tammy said...

Hope,
Thank you so much for the encouraging words.

Sharing the message from you pastor about the Prodigal's Parents,reminded me it is faith and prayer that will draw my son to the cross.

Cathy said...

A very beautiful post, giving glory to God ~

Cathy said...

A very beautiful post, giving glory to God ~

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope
((Hugz my sistah)))
How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and I had to come over and see you!!.
Love these heartfelt words it's beautiful hope.

Hugz Lorie

Maxine said...

And what a story to tell! What sweet and poignant words of praise to God. I trust the Lord will help you find a way to use them to minister to others.