Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Blessed Remembrance Day


Today is not only my birthday...but this day last year, my youngest son trusted Christ as his personal Saviour! The MOST wonderful birthday gift of my life!

We had been to a special meeting at our church and the Preacher...Brother Tom Bard spoke to his heart so deeply, it led my son to salvation. This preacher has a wonderful way of presenting soberly, the presence of GOD. My son said he felt as if he could have reached out and touched God's hand that night. The message title if I remember correctly was God Is Near.

My son had been on a path of indecision for some time.... He was born and raised in a Christian home. We faithfully had prayer and devotions. My children attended our church school. They had all the resources to take...the cup of salvation. They all made professions one time in their youth. But, some lacked that TOTAL surrender of their will..for HIS. That is true salvation.

All to Jesus, I surrender
All to HIM, I freely give.


It is a joy to think that today is my birthday...and his Spiritual birthday. He is not here for us to celebrate together; but our thoughts of thankfulness and hearts are intertwined with love for each other and the love of Christ our Saviour.

THIS IS THE DAY...

I surely count the blessings in my life. When I think upon the many years now of my life and the answers to prayer, the safety of my life and the friends God has brought into my path of life. I think upon this Psalm.

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

I was saved at the young age of 19. I have known the presence of GOD ever since. I have known and continue to...have the fullness of joy as I think upon my blessed Saviour the LORD Jesus Christ. I'm grateful this day...for His Blessed WORD. My comfort and treasure.

(I'll be taking a break for a week. My daughter and grandchildren are coming to visit for a week! MORE JOY! thankful for the sweet grandchildren God has given me)

Thank you friends for your encouraging notes...and friendship.
I'm thankful that in this life...I also have met you.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful birthday present to have your son surrender his heart to the Lord on your birthday.
What a Blessing! Happy Birthday.

HsKubes said...

Happy birthday!
And what a wonderful testimony you shared. Rejoicing with you, your son, your family.

~ Christina
p.s. Thank you so much for visiting me and for the comment you left. ;o)

Deborah said...

Have a wonderful visit!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! Have lots of fun!

LDH said...

A most precious birthday gift. Prayers for a week of blessings with your daughter and grandchildren!

liz said...

How wonderful! I hope you enjoyed your extra special day.

Sara said...

That is so exciting that your son became saved on your birthday! By the way, happy late birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. Thank you also for your sweet birthday wishes on my blog.

blackberrycottage said...

Hi Hope,
I am back blogging again and wanted to stop by and say hi. I do hope you had a wonderful birthday and the anniversary of your son's commitment to our precious Saviour. How wonderful.
hugs Sandra nz

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh My......What a WOnderful present. Happy Birthday!!!1

Maxine said...

So sorry I missed your birthday. May you be blessed of God this year. That sermom title is awesome. Sounds like a good one indeed.

Sharon said...

Thanks for stopping in at my blog and leaving a comment. It is a joy to hear the story of your sons salvation. There is no greater blessing than to know that our children walk in truth. I'll be visiting your blog often, it is very inspirational.

Sharon said...

Happy Belated Birthday Hope! I was on a break as well.
That is the best present a mother could have!!!