Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God's Grace


In continuance of the previous post Great is Thy Faithfulness about a brother in Christ. I wanted to share with you a little more of his testimony.

It is all God's Grace.

How a former Pastor...family man and a born again Christian can fall into sin so far...that you find yourself.. 20 years down the road

Homeless...on drugs...seemingly helpless and hopeless

yet, the GRACE OF GOD renewed his joy of salvation and set his feet once again upon a rock and put that song back into his heart!

His warning... GUARD YOUR HEART!

Psalm 119... READ the entire chapter and write this upon the tables of your heart!

God gave us his word for this very purpose...to yield our hearts, body and mind to his will and not our own. To walk with him, to think upon his ways and to guard against the wiles of the devil.

The devil is indeed a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Never underestimate that you have a will of your own...YOU make choices that determine your life's path.

God is faithful...he is always true...always near...but, he will not override the will of man. God in his mercies lets man decide. He doesn't want a bunch of robot Christians..he wants free will choices that show your desire to do right, your love of his righteousness and your thankfulness of heart for all that he has and will do for you.

Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. Psalm 119:2

Man...can forget...he can go astray.

Psalm 119:Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
Psalm 119:92


This man testified that he began to write Bible verses on pieces of paper and kept a journal of remembering God's ways...this strengthened him and helped him. Just as the word of God says...IF YOU KEEP...HIS testimonies...if you take heed to God's word.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to they word. Psalm 119:9

He said that the t.v., advertisements in the paper and catalogs were his downfall. The exposure to lust....in day to day living...hearing and seeing their unlawful deeds.

GUARD your home..your eyes and your heart.

He began the pursuit of holiness in his life.

Everywhere you turn these things of the world are thrown in your face. You have to purposely avoid them...YOU make the choice.

Will you pursue Holiness in your life? This year.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way of everlasting. Psalm 139: 23-24

As an exhortation in 2009... Dear Reader,

join me in a daily watch of our hearts and walk with the LORD! Let us walk as an example...to help others and our own selves...to give strength of hope and encouragement; that this is the good way to walk.

May God grant us the grace that was bestowed on this brother and renew in us a committed heart in the pursuit of holiness, that gives honor to the LORD Jesus Christ, edifies the church and encourages others to trust the LORD as their Saviour.

THIS IS THE DAY...I thank my GOD for his faithful WORD of truth and power that enables a man to stand up once again and testify of God's Grace and HOPE found in the LORD.

9 comments:

Joy in the Burbs... said...

HOPE,
I've been drawn to Psalm 119 this year too. I'm starting to memorize it. I'll post more on it in a day or two. It is so rich.

Guard your heart! That's an action phrase isn't it? Straight out of scripture.
Thanks for sharing the testimony of this man with us.
Thank you for your words of encouragement on my post.

Joy

Abounding Treasures said...

Amazing what this brother has shared!

Guard our homes, our hearts and our eyes ... holiness seems to be a forgotten commandment in this day and age.

HOPE said...

This post was my own thoughts on his testimony...the warnings and the affects that befell this man's life by not walking and guarding his eyes and heart.

We must take the steps to guard our homes as women guiding the house. Guard your sons and husbands ladies...keep you home pure.

Thank you for visiting and letting me know you stopped by!
HOPE

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

It is not the drunkard on the street or the woman of the night,etc that the devil wants to destroy, it is the one who is living for the Lord, those with a family, a spouse that loves them, a church leader, It is people like this that the devil wants to stop and ruin their testimony, get them out of God's will, he already has the other.

We as Christians should guard our hearts and check our every decision. The devil is right there tying to find an opening to our heart, just a little one is all it takes. We can never see ourselves where this man was but it can happen to each of us. Thanks for the warning post, It is much needed in todays world especially. connie

Mimi said...

Hi Hope, thanks for stopping by my blog. I actually have 2 blogs & pics of Oskar are usually on the one. Here's a couple of links.

Oskar looks SO much like Gus.

http://screamingmimitoo.blogspot.com/2008/11/outside-my-window.html

http://screamingmimitoo.blogspot.com/2008/09/outside-my-window_08.html

I'm gonna spend some time on your blog today, it looks just great!

Mimi said...

I had to stop back by to let you know that I have a post today all about my schnauzer Oskar.

I thought you & Gus might like to stop by & check it out!

Have a wonderful day!

Sharon said...

AMEN!!!

Scripture has everything we need if we'll only search for it. :)

~~Deby said...

This is so good...Ps. 119 is a BIG favorite of mine and funny thing is, I plan to spend lots of time in that Psalm this year too....I know the enemy is always looking for ways to undermine our lives and testimony in front of others.
Spending the time in WORD, yields so much, why don't I always remember that.
Deby

Heather said...

Hope :) I have so missed you!