Thursday, January 1, 2009

Great Is Thy Faithfulness


For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
Psalm 119:89



My heart has been truly full...as I have thought upon the past year's battles and victories! Praise the LORD for his merciful kindness and long sufferings...for his wondrous works in so many lives....in my own.

We have a "watch night" service every New Year's Eve...This year's proved to be extra special: THIS IS THE DAY

I give praise and thanks, especially because I have personally listened to the testimony of a brother in Christ brought up from the miry clays of a horrible backslid condition...back to the pulpit, and giving GOD all the Praise for HIS compassion's that failed not..for his constant prodding of the Holy Spirit and the WORD that never left his heart. As a true born again Christian...he took his eyes off the Saviour and onto the world...step by step..little by little...it's grasp took hold and yet the LORD never left him nor forsook him.

He warned...it comes little by little over time...and then suddenly you have found yourself in a horrible place. Asking how in the world? Did I get here?

What a testimony! Tears streaming down...words broken...as he spoke of thinking he never again would have this opportunity...to speak boldly of God's holiness and of all his graces...in church.

His title..


In Pursuit of Holiness...


Strive because there is so much resistance in the flesh...

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13



STRIVE...CONTEND...



WHEREFORE seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witness, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Looking unto Jesus....
Hebrews 12:1-2a


Satan knows exactly what button to push...

Be vigilant and watch unto prayer...don't let Satan take your joys by letting you be offended so easily and get you out of church...or for not getting recognized ...or perhaps not resting in the LORD and letting him work in not only your own life, but others! Yes, others that might be your very foe...pray for them and let God have his way with them.

Be faithful yourself and an example of pursuing holiness...turning away from worldly temptations!

Patient in the LORD and wait...

Think upon the fruitfulness that can be brought forth in this next new year...

simply by setting aside, Self...and putting the LORD first.


My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalm 5:3


and remember...


It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23


Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee,
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not:
As thou has been, Thou forever wilt be.

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided..
Great is they faithfulness,
Lord unto me!

Hymn 1866 Thomas O. Chisholm



Happiest Of New Years to you...

I appreciate so much the encouragement you have been to me...
the wonderful friendships made in sharing the Lord's work in all our lives.

A huge world...yet so small...with friends right around the corner, no matter the distance!

Blessings to you...
HOPE

7 comments:

Sara said...

Hope, you are such an encouragement to me! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. Thanks also for sharing the story about the young man- what a blessing that he turned his eyes back to Christ. I love the verses you posted as well. The one about pressing forward and the other one about a cloud of witnesses are some of my favorites.
God bless you in this coming year, and I will be keeping you in my prayers. I am so thankful we are blogger friends!
In Christ,
Sara

LDH said...

Hello Hope, Browsing about brought me to your blog ~ so real, transparent and God honoring.

Oh, and your schnauzer caught my attention. I have a photo mosaic of my little guy saved as a draft that I plan posting soon.

Warm wishes, ldh

~~Deby said...

This is so true...and boy can I get my eyes off of the Lord in some situations that are not even my responsibility to handle....this is so good and I was blessed by this post, Hope. Thank you so much. I am so glad that we have the WORD of GOD that is so trustworthy and can be counted on....
I am blessed by your writings.
Deby

Lisa said...

You have a beautiful and Inspirational blog. I hope your New Year is happy and Blessed.
Lisa

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope,
Happy new year Sis, I have missed my visits with you since my computer crashed. But I'm back to blogging and praise the Lord for providing another one. My hubby blessed me with an early birthday gift. How are you doing?? This is a wonderful post and I know the Lord will use you in a mighty way as you bless those of us who come here and read the words from your heart giving him the glory and I know the Lord is pleased with you his daughter.

Luv ya Lorie

Joy in the Burbs... said...

I'm visting several blogs this first week of the year and feeling there is a sweet, sweet spirit among so many of the blogs that I read. The Lord is using so many in a mighty way. I'm excited about 2009 and seeing how God is working in each of our lives as we keep Him in the center. Like your post about the testimony of that gentleman who didn't run away from God but seemed to tiptoe. I don't want that to happen to me either.
I look forward to lots of blog visits in 2009.
God Bless,

Joy

Abounding Treasures said...

Hope,

This post is a real encouragement and what a wonderful testimony that brother in Christ was able to share with everyone!

Thanks for sharing it...