Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Family Time



As I look upon the precious photos taken during the past two weeks of my grandchildren:

This is the day...I rejoice in the wonderful blessing of FAMILY.

The above photo is of my sweet 6 yr. old granddaughter and my lovable Schnauzer Gus. He was such a pushover for attention as you can see!

My daughter and her four children came to visit for my birthday. Little did they know since they were a few days late and their Mommy's birthday was the following week; that Nana had the dining area already decorated for a surprise birthday party for... their mom! As we entered the driveway, I used the excuse of putting the dog in another room first and then placed a decorated cake I made, on the table.

In the two and a half hour trip to our home, they didn't say a word about how they had a "party" hidden in a bag for Nana!

As we all entered the house...I said,
SURPRISE!
and they were! The glee's of happiness and wishes for their mommy rang out!

WAIT! We have a something for YOU
... and out came a huge Birthday gift bag and all the trimmings for a PARTY and a gift!

My daughter was so happy that I had already decorated because the entire week prior they couldn't wait to have this "party". It was fun to celebrate our birthdays together.

During their stay, my home was filled daily with laughter of funny stories or things the kids did....



You naturally expect your beautiful little granddaughters to play Mommy...and yes they did...

and they also like:

SPIDERS!


if you look closely you can see that the girls have decorated Nana's sewing/guest room with their lovelies! SPIDER WEBS!


Here is a close up of their "creatures".. Plastic of course..but nonetheless... SPIDERS!


My grandchildren love to go to the Dollar $tore...and on this trip, instead of the usual purses or princess crowns; the GIRLS flocked over to the bags of spiders, snakes and bats! Did I mention the BATS that lay around the room also! oh there were lizards too of all sorts and colors...okay, some were a nice bright purple, and girls do like purple!

I asked the girls...

"Don't you want a cute new purse? or look here is a nice pony?"

"No, Nana, we love spiders. We want to be Vets when we grow up!"

"Mmmm? what do these have to do with being a VET?"

"Well, at least you can rescue Nana if any of those creepy..uh, I mean "cute little" things show up."


My daughter was laughing quietly as we paid for the girls goodies.

"I guess our hikes in the woods have made the girls really interested in...God's creation!"

The boys were busy looking over the Army men packages...whew!

And so, my lovely "girly" room had taken on some new characteristics. I just hope I don't find any stray spiders...and think they are real!

They did play "Tea time" with these cute little tigers they also found at the fun store.

The Cheerios are suppose to be mini cookies!

There is nothing like seeing the world through a child's eyes. I enjoyed every moment of watching their sweet pleasure in simple things and play.

No t.v. was watched...just simple times of play... and family enjoyment.

I hope you enjoyed my story of family life...

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3


I thank the LORD for his blessings upon me in this life with precious people both in my own family, my church and here.

Thank you to all that left me birthday greetings. It touched my heart.

The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Psalm 126:3

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh this was a fun post Hope---yes I love children...and I can't believe sometimes the things they come up with. My grandsons keep me laughing..
Your granddaughters are beautiful and I am sure Gus enjoyed every moment with them.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

What a special time all of you had!

Children are so much fun and what a great surprise all 'round for you and your daughter and the party :o)

Blessings!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope
((((Hugz))) Ewwww Spiders LOL. Grandchildren are so very precious. I can't wait for a grand daughter one day so we can have tea together and I can get frilly dresses to buy. I have three grandsons and they just are all over their Papa and full of energy lol. You do such beautiful work when you create, I went to see your quilts on your other blog. It was so good to see you when you dropped by. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem as well.

Hugz Lorie

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I am so glad that you had such a very happy birthday and that you had this wonderful time with your daughter and her children. I know what a truly great blessing that can be.

My Granddaughters always liked snakes!!! I hate snakes and they loved placing them where they would scare me. It did not take much.lol Now my husband would not have liked the spiders.lol

Grandchidren are truly God's finest blessing after our children.

Hope, I wanted to thank you for praying for me and for not forgetting me while I was ill and not able to visit you. I will remember your kindness. connie

Lisa said...

I loved ready your post. I know you had a great time with your family. Happy Belated Birthday :)Take care.Lisa

Joy said...

Hi Hope, what a great day with you daughter and grandchildren. The picture of your grandaughter pushing that stroller reminded me of my girls. They pushed one just like that many a miles.

Love the spiders, but I know there is lots of sugar and spice there too.
Thanks for sharing this,

Joy

Joy said...

Oh, I forgot to mention Gus. He looked like he was in doggy heaven with all that love and attention. So cute!

Joy