Thursday, February 19, 2009

Prayer Request update


Haddie received her bone marrow treatment and the surgery on her brother to extract the bone marrow went well and quicker than expected! AMEN.

Please continue to pray for her body's recovery (it will take two weeks for her immune system to respond) and also for her own self esteem in losing her hair with the Chemo treatments. Not easy for a 15 yr. old. Though her parents say she is in good spirits and knows this is the road to recovery. Praise the LORD!

Pray for her parents as they stand by her side and have to watch this unfold in their precious child's life.

A time of reflection in understanding God's ways...

He chooses these times for a purpose...

I know O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.Let I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Psalm 119:75-76

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Psalm 126:3

BEHOLD, how good and how pleasant it is for the brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1


(many brethren together in prayer for a common desire and hope)


This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:23-24


As we pray...remember the labours of this missionary family on the foreign field and how much good has been done by their many sacrifices for others.

Thank you,

HOPE

4 comments:

Abounding Treasures said...

So good to hear that the surgery was a success!

As you said, her body's recovery will take longer and I feel for her losing her hair to chemo but it sounds as though she has a great attitude about the whole journey to recovery!

What a trial as well for her dear parents ... may the Lord grant them strength for the steps that they have yet to take, as they LEAN ON HIM :o)

Blessings!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Hope,
Continued prayers for a healing and recovery, I know how she feels although I stopped Chemo sooner, I did lose quite a bit and it does affect us . Yet when we think of our health and need to get better we realize our hair will come back. Prayers for her family as well.

Hugz Lorie

Pam--in Estonia said...

Thank you for the update. Glad to know the procedure went well. I'll continue to keep them in prayer.

Ruthie said...

Thanks for coming by. I just spent a long time reading your whole post about Stephen. What a testimony. It brought tears to my eyes.
Blessings to you.