Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...comfort one another with these words..



He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11



I love this verse...and I love this carving my mother gave me. I have it sitting on my fireplace mantle. It is a constant reminder of the above verse.

Our LORD is so caring, so long suffering and full of mercy. His ways as I've mentioned before are so perfect..that we cannot fathom it's work in entirety.

My dear sweet sister in Christ, passed on to the LORD early Saturday morning. She was only 51 years of age. Sobering as we think of each day we take for granted. Make the most of each day..for the LORD!!

She was diagnosed with a rare cancer just a month ago...and so quickly spread. I know that many will not understand why..but for me, I see God's mercy upon her. She has had a very grievous trial the past two years of her life and quite frankly..even the things I've endured..THIS...would be most difficult. I see God's mercy in relieving her of living this the rest of her life here on earth. I know that her family will miss her so terribly..but they have the comfort that this post speaks of...God's will and HIS comfort found in his promises, in his faithfulness and his WORD.

I thank the LORD so much for my King James Bible! What a TREASURE! the book of TRUTH right in my very hands! So many verses that testify of it's accuracy of it's strength in the believers life and the fruit it has and continues to have through the ages of time.

But, I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

I Thessalonians 4:13-14

Comfort one another with these words. I Thessalonians 4:18


THIS IS THE DAY... my sister in Christ is with the LORD, she loves.

Please pray for her family.

God bless you all with this same comfort.

HOPE

11 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

I will pray for her family.

Under Southern Skies said...

She is, "safe in the arms of Jesus!" What a blessed thought! I will pray for her family. Thank you for this post it is full of hope! Thank you also for the paragraph about the KJV, it is so true!

Samantha said...

Hello,
Happened upon your blog through my friend Lori. I will keep her family in my prayers, may God bless you, such a beautiful post.
Samantha in TN

Deborah said...

What a blessing to know that she is with the Lord, where there is no more pain, sorrow or tears!

Maxine said...

Another saint gone home. I hope He eases the burden on your heart, but she is free now from her sufferings. A prayer has been said for the family.

Elaine said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. Praise the Lord for the hope we have in Him. There is a song that a friend of mine sings called "When Our Eyes Meet Again". It's the best song I've heard for when a fellow brother or sister has past on.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, I am sorry for the family who lost their mother and for you who lost a friend. I am sure that if she was saved, she is very happy today.

I love the King James Bible, the WORD of God. I too, am very thankful that I can hold it in my hands, love it, memorize it and be comforted by it. It is my most prized posession. I am so thankful that God gave His Words to us in black and white.

Good post my dear friend. Thank you. connie

Oskar said...

I left Gus an award on my blog!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for the family.I to love the KJV of the Bible. I always enjoy my visits her.
Blessings, Lisa

blackberrycottage said...

Dear Hope,
I am so sorry for the loss for your friend. How fast!!
i pray the Lord will give you sweet comfort. May He uplift your friends grieving family and give them hope, strenth and love.
Hope you aredoing well my dear friend?
hugs Sandra nz

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, I was thinking about you! just wanted to let you know. connie