Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grandchildren...My Joy and Delight



Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3


Children's children are the crown of old men...
Proverbs 17:6a



THIS IS THE DAY... I thank the LORD for GRANDCHILDREN

...and the great joy they bring to my life. I have ten grandchildren (one with the LORD)...and really I'm, I guess quite young for that many!! As a mother of five of my own...it's inevitable that you will one day have a bumper crop of G'kids around! I love every moment of their hugs and funny things they do and say.

They all...every one of my grandchildren...live a good distance away. The visits are very very special and cherished. The memories linger in my thoughts and in my dreams. It's so hard to say ...good bye...and wait for the next visit.

I love looking over the photos of our fun during this recent visit...since they are now a military family and will be traveling the world wide! I see many trips for my husband and I in the future. My other daughter came to visit also with her two boys...she is moving also with the military...

here's a sampling of a few of the G'kids fun time.

Remember the darling little GIRL who loves spiders...well, this is her little sister's collection of BUGS and SNAKES!!

I bought "Beebers"...her very own BUG Carrier. She was HAPPY!


She could put her stretchy snake inside and pretend he was real...




The rest...well, they have to wait their turn!



Then...there is big sis who is very very BRAVE!! you know..Spider Girl!



She caught a cricket once and kindly named him "Crickey".

The boys do their share too...like even pretending to have a frog ..foaming at the mouth..GROSS!



Dish soap... bubbles!!

AND...real...SHARK'S TEETH...



They enjoyed scouring the waters edge for their treasures.

and as the photo up top shows...they run for the fun!
What delight it brings to my heart as I hear the glee's of happiness and excitement of another adventure!

It was surely a refreshing time....the innocence of youth.

May we continually pray for the next generation and God's graces upon their lives.

Blessings to you..
HOPE

7 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

I'm so glad you were able to have such a fun time with your grand kids!

blackberrycottage said...

Hi Hope,
Oh what a lovely post and tribute to grandchildren. I have 4 and just adore them. One lives close by, two are over an hour away and one is 7 hours away. They are just so precious. We are truly blessed aren't we??
I love the picture of your grandchildren at the top of your post. Nice!!!
hugs Sandra nz

~~Deby said...

These are precious, Hope....
Soon I will be staying with 2 grandsons for a few days and I know I will cherish the memories as well....we do love our empty nest, now that we have transitioned but sure do love our *grands*....they are a blessing...
I am sure they love you too.
deby

Under Southern Skies said...

The top picture is really sweet!

Deborah said...

I love that picture at the top! And what great memories. I'm looking forward to meeting our new grand daughter in June!

miss mary said...

what beautiful kids. you are truly blessed. I love your site and your love of God you are an inspiration. thanks. love and hugs

Joy said...

Your grandchildren have the most beautiful dark hair--that photo of them together on the beach is great. I also used to have 2 Schnauzers: 'Erich' and 'Max'. Max was all black like yours.