Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Token of Love


ROSES



I received this lovely bouquet for Mother's Day from my daughter Ruth. They arrived in bud form on Saturday,



By Sunday morning of Mother's Day; I found a wonderful surprise of Roses in bloom.

The scent was heavenly...each time I walked past them...

I stopped and smelled the roses!




None of my children were able to be with me this Mother's Day; and I have to admit....it was quite lonely without them, amongst all the other mother's and their families.

To my surprise as Adult Sunday School ended and the smaller children bounced in...followed by one of the Sunday School Teachers... I was handed this lovely Mother's Day treat.


I wanted to cry. This lady is always so thoughtful and this truly touched my heart. At such a time...she knew...as she did last year...that my heart ached for my children. Last year, she and her mother Betty, gave me a sweet card.

( read about Betty at my "A Creative Heart" blog post...A Special Luncheon 2008)

Even though all the Mother's at church that day received a lovely carnation corsage...this was the most meaningful.

Maybe she'll never know the depth of her thoughtfulness...but, it made me feel like I had "celebrated" Mother's Day after all...I felt with this small token of Love, not only her care for me...but it brought back those moments when my children were small and would have handed me these precious gifts.

How thankful I am for the people in my life who touch each day with kindness...

One moment...can make such a difference. One moment...can bring unexpected Joy.

One moment...if you stop and smell the Roses... can fill your heart with LOVE.




Proverbs 17:8 A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: withersoever it turneth, it prospereth.

THIS IS THE DAY...I think from now on...when I stop to smell the roses...I'll remember the loving bouquet sent from my daughter and the kindness of a sister in Christ.
Hope~

11 comments:

blackberrycottage said...

Oh Hope how precious! My Mum's birthday is 11th May and it often corresponds with Mothers Day. This year I sent her a huge basket of flowers. She rang me later to thank me and was so wonderfully surprised and touched. The pictures you posted are so pretty and I am glad that through it all you had a blessing.
hugs Sandra nz

Pam--in Estonia said...

What beautiful roses and lovely gifts! I'm so glad that you were able to have a nice Mother's Day!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful bouquet! I didn't get roses, but I did get a card with a sweet note from one of my daughters...enough to make my my mothers day!

Under Southern Skies said...

The roses are so pretty!

Joy said...

Hello Hope! Beautiful flowers! That was very thought of Betty to remember you, I did read about her on your other blog. My goodness, how can you keep up with 4 blogs, I haven't even looked at the one about a watering well of hope (?).

On another subject, I hit Wally World this weekend and picked up a cutting board and a rotary cutter. I'll make some comments about it on my blog. Also have some neat pics to post on another subject next week.

Hope (!) you had a great weekend!

Joy said...

Oh, and something else... like you, I felt lonely on mother's day-- didn't get a gift---first time ever---but I thought I'd better just 'get over it'. My two children did call, but I was almost weepy cause in church I kept thinking of my mom who died in 2003, I tried not to cry. Good thing we sang some loud hymns, gave me a chance to do some big sniffs... but, later that day I did get to hold a new baby, so the Lord knew I had some 'empty arms'.

Sorry about writing a book again.

Michele said...

Your roses are *lovely*!

And what a thoughtful gift from you friend at church. God is so good to bless us with good Christian fellowship. (o:

Deborah said...

Hey, come on over and see who's a winner!

Sara said...

what beautiful roses! that was so sweet of your friend too.
Thank you for your caring comment. I miss my cat so much-she was a sweetheart!

Sharon said...

That is so sweet!!! Your roses are beautiful and how precious the little surprise you received at church from your dear friend.

Domestically Inclined said...

What a thoughtful daughter to send you such beautiful flowers! THey are no substitute for our children, but it's the love that was sent with them that touches our hearts sooo much!