Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In Times Like These....



Before I post on the Seven Keys to Understanding the Bible...

I want to post these songs that have a wonderful message and challenge.

In Times Like These

In times like these we need the Bible, In times like these O be not idle;
Be very sure, be very sure Your anchor holds and grips the solid rock!
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One; This Rock is Jesus, The only One!
Be very sure, be very sure, Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!


Surely TODAY, this message is evident! People need a solid foundation, they need to know that there is a place of quiet rest, of peace and comfort. It is found in the LORD Jesus Christ and His Word.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Saviour, And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.


When you read the BIBLE...you SEE the LORD JESUS!

The WORD OF GOD testifies who He is...

John 5:39 Search the scriptures: for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And Can It Be That I Should Gain?

And can it be that I should gain An int'rest in the Saviour's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?

Amazing love! How can it be...
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be That thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

He left his Father's throne above, So free, so infinite His grace!
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adams' helpless race.

Amazing love! How can it be...
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be That thou, my God, shouldst die for me?



It is truly amazing, when we comprehend the great love wherewith he loved us!

He died for us and loves us...knowing what kind of people we are.

Thy Word Have I Hid in My Heart

Thy Word is a lamp to my feet, A light to my path alway,
To guide and to save me from sin And show me the heavenly way.

Thy Word have I hid in my heat, That I might not sin against Thee; That I might not sin, that I might not sin, Thy Word have I hid in my heart.

Forever O Lord, is Thy Word established and fixed on high;
Thy faithfulness unto all men Abideth forever nigh

Thy Word have I hid in my heat, That I might not sin against Thee; That I might not sin, that I might not sin, Thy Word have I hid in my heart.

God's Word should be seen as a precious gift that we desire to read and obey, because of His love and wonderful ways towards us!

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160

THIS IS THE DAY....my heart is ever so humbled, knowing I have the very Words of God in my midst. May I never take them lightly nor his great love for me.

6 comments:

Under Southern Skies said...

Those are some of my favorite hymns, thank you for posting them!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, I loved this post, the songs, the verses. They are all very real to me. I have loved them for many many years now and they never get old to me. My heart is thrilled each time I read or sing any of the verses of the songs and especially the scripture. Thanks, connie

blackberrycottage said...

Hello dearest Hope~
How are you my dear?
The verses here really speak to me as I go through a time of needing to trust and obey.
bless you for your timing and sweet spirit.
hugs Sandra nz

Aliene said...

Hope, I love those dear old songs.
But most of all the scripture. It is so true~ we are so weak in the flesh but we do have a solid Rock to stand on. Thanks for posting those.

Joy said...

When I finally bowed my knee to Jesus, the old hymns that my mother (and I) had sang in church, finally made sense. She sang: The Old Rugged Cross, Holy, Holy, Holy, Onward Christian Soldiers, What a Friend We Have in Jesus, Amazing Grace, I Come, etc. Thanks for featuring these hymns. I always enjoy your insight.

kalibug said...

Thank you for sharing this post.