Monday, July 13, 2009

No Strings Attached!



I Corinthians 13:4-5 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,seeketh not her own ,is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.


Are you a mop-head Christian? By this, I mean, are there strings attached to the things you do for other people?

Sadly...How oft, over the years, I have met professing Christians like this. Do you a kind deed...but EXPECT something in return.

I don't mind at all requiting a good deed..and certainly giving of thanks is the right thing always to do...this IS the will of GOD concerning you!

I Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

There are some members in churches who also have this attitude when it comes to the "church" as a whole.

"I attend here...and you owe me"


What happened to YOU being a part of the church also!?

Sure the church is to be full of charity and compassion...but not to be taken advantage of.... for your own gain.

We are to be servants with charitable hearts in service to the LORD!

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

It hurts the church when only a small handful of members do the WORK of the church. It happens in every church. A few faithful. A few hard workers.

Few: a special limited number

This should not be so.

My husband discipled me in the LORD and how thankful I am. He has such a good heart and desire to serve the LORD. He's always stressed...

Nothing should be done for self glory...self promotion...self..self..self.

All should be done to the GLORY OF GOD!!

Take the extra mile...

Matthew 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.


He is so gracious in his response to this. Do things without expecting any thing in return...and be pleasantly surprised and blessed when others in turn do the same for you!

It has always proven true.

You will always be blessed in the long run..with the joy of serving the LORD with a pure heart and motive! FOR HIM!

Don't be discouraged dear Christian....it takes the good work of the LORD in our hearts to be obedient to HIS WILL. Do your part, be a testimony to others and serve the LORD with gladness.


To know His will...is to seek his ways..in HIS BOOK.

NO STRINGS ATTACHED....Do the work of the LORD with joy and a true charitable heart and the blessings will come down from heaven!

THIS IS THE DAY...I am so thankful for all the kindness and charity that has been shown to me by so many loving Saints of the LORD.

HOPE~

4 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

Wonderful truths, Hope. Thank you for sharing this :o)

Joy said...

Hello Hope! I have been guilty of expecting things in return for what I have done, but I've found that if you just do the 'good deed' and let it go,the 'burden' of constantly expecting and looking for and sometimes even getting indignant about not getting a 'payback', is lifted from my shoulders! I feel much lighter and realize it's not my responsibility for the results of my 'good deed'. Okay! Amen! And Praise God! Have a great day!

Joyfulsister said...

Amen Sis,
Speak the word!!! I remember being that group that was taking on more than I should have and also my husband, Carrying music equipment setting up breaking down carrying them up and down long flights of stairs. And also trying to do a women's group etc. We were ready to burn out. I remember people who complained in the church were those who really did not do anything at all. Thank the Lord we were not doing it to please man or we would have quit a long time ago.

great post Sis
Hugz Lorie

Joy said...

Hope, thankyou for the 9 million comments :) you left on my blog. Is there anyway I could e-mail you? If so, I want to tell you something privately. I think my e-mail is on my profile. (will check).