Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Small Privilege



I had the honor of making these place cards for our church Mission Board.
I taught myself basic calligraphy many years ago...



...not knowing the value it would be to others one day.

THIS IS THE DAY...I'm so thankful, God can use a small portion of my life for HIS service...to help even in the smallest way...A PRIVILEGE

The privilege of helping, as our mission director asked my assistance. The privilege of writing each precious Missionaries name and thinking of their work and labour of love for Christ and the souls of mankind.


Perhaps you know some of these Missionaries? GODLY men of faith...Bible Believers...What a PRIVILEGE to know them all. We have many more we support...these are just a few as we are redoing our mission board display. We have frames all along the side and back of our church with each missionary's picture and a place to post their monthly newsletters. These cards I've done, are for a long side our map that points out where each missionary's field is located. I believe when I last counted..we support over 30 plus missionaries! We support several to Papua New Guinea, Europe and Africa. Worldwide....I'm so glad I belong to a mission minded church...

as the great HYMNS say:

Go Tell the Untold Millions.....Over the whole world wide

READY to go...ready to stay, Ready my place to fill;
Ready for service lowly or great, Ready to do His will.

From Greenland's icy mountains, From India's corral strand...
From many an ancient river, From many a palmy plain
They call us to deliver Their land from error's chain

So send I you to leave your life's ambition,
To die to dear desire, self-will resign,
To labor long and love where men revile you-
So send I you to lose your life for Mine.


Have you a willing heart to serve? Even in the smallest way...
Typing up newsletters!! Helping stuff envelopes for missionaries on furlough...sending missionaries letters or cards of encouragement...

There is so much WE also can do....with them....for God's work.

As Paul commends in:

Romans Chpt.16:1-4
I COMMEND unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also the churches of the Gentiles.


God bless our missionaries with the courage, strength and help they need, daily, to accomplish the work they desire, for the lost souls of mankind...for Christ.

HOPE~

10 comments:

~~Deby said...

your calligraphy is beautiful--I LOVE when we have missionaries at our church and our missions confernece....what a blessing..
We just don't realize their sacrifice do we?
deby

Pam--in Estonia said...

They look very nice!

Abounding Treasures said...

How amazing that you taught yourself basic calligraphy!

They look lovely ...

The Lady in Green Ruffles said...

wow!

Deborah said...

We had Mike Gibson here for last year's Camp Meeting. The boys loved his 'tricks'!

Liesa said...

OH HOPE...I'M DELIGHTED TO FIND YOU FROM YOUR COMMENT ON ONE OF MY POST ON KJV SITE. FIRST OF ALL, I AM A PASTOR'S WIFE, AND OUR CHURCH SUPPORTS MISSIONARIES AND YES AND YES AGAIN...IT'S SOOO IMPORTANT WE HELP THESE MEN OF GOD TO BE ABLE TO GO TELL THE GOOD NEWS!!! AND THE OTHER THING I AM THRILLED ABOUT IT THE CALLIGRAPHY YOU HAVE SO BEAUTIFULLY SHARED WITH US. I WANT TO LEARN. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN SO ATTRACTED TO PRETTY LETTERS, WORDS, ETC. AND I LOVE CARDS, ETC. YOU SAID YOU TAUGHT YOURSELF? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A BOOK OR SOMETHING I CAN GET TO LEARN?

THANKS FOR THE POST.
GOD BLESS YOUR DAY.

Joy said...

We've had missionairies visiting our church recently... the serve in Kobe, Japan, China, Mexico City, Africa, etc. What a work these people do... I always think, 'their lives are counting for Christ!' But, my life can count also--right where I am. I used to think about how much they were 'sacrificing' to not have the comforts of livng in the United States---and they are, but I doubt if they think it is a sacrifice, I believe they know it is a BLESSING!

Joy said...

Oh, my husband does calligraphy... he sits down and from those big, 'bear paws' hands, flows beautiful lettering. Maybe I need to post about that!

Diary of an army wife said...

Makes me want to learn...sigh...too many projects on hand already! :) Did you see my comment on Carrie's Happy Day post! I couldn't help myself!:P

Michele said...

Wow, you did a WONDERFUL job on the calligraphy! (o: