Thursday, August 13, 2009

..and such were some of you


And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I Corinthians 6:11
KJV 1611

What wonderful words come from the Bible. This is one of my favorite verses. Truly, it is to all those who have found this true. By salvation in the shed blood of The Lord Jesus Christ.

WASHED: to remove dirt, stains; to purify, cleanse

SANCTIFIED: to make holy, purify

JUSTIFIED: to declare innocent, declare free, to prove right

Just....if...I'd

Covered by the free pardon of sin by the grace of our Lord Jesus. Just as if "I"... had paid my price of sin. But, Yea...HE DID IT for me.

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remissions of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Romans 3:24-26
KJV 1611

What wonderful, glorious words of truth and comfort!

SUCH...were...some of you!

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:5-7
KJV 1611

THIS IS THE DAY....I thank the LORD my God...

I was lost...but am found...was blind, but now I see!!


I know the path to follow...I see the light of the world...is Jesus.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Hebrews 2:9 KJV 1611

6 comments:

Maxine said...

Praise God. What a wonderful salvation.

Penny said...

Praise the Lord for His cleansing and saving power!

~~Deby said...

So thankful for this precious gift of salvation...I am so undeserving..
Deby
btw....the word for word verification is "bless"
how cool is that

Pam--in Estonia said...

AMEN!

Under Southern Skies said...

Amen! Praise to His name!!

Michele said...

Amen! I'm so thankful for His saving grace.