Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Now is the accepted TIME...




As I read my devotions this morning I noted TIME. A young friend recently commented on her blog about the passing of time going too quickly. Yea, and she is younger than me! I too, have said lately to my husband...

"Where is the TIME going!"

It seemed but yesterday that I had a house full of children...now just the two of us. It truly seems to me as if I awoke one day and they were all grown and on their own. I view photos around my home and many a time become overwhelmed with missing them and I so remember the moments the very photo was taken...just YESTERDAY? Wasn't it??

Remember how short my time is:...Psalm 89:47a kjv 1611

My husband and I have spoken much about this subject of TIME; as we approach yet another new year and another birthday to come...aging.

How deceitful youth is...thinking there is plenty of time and going about as if their youth will last forever. Oh dear one in youth...think not that it will catch up with you!? Yes, indeed it shall.

Ecclesiastes is a sobering book of the Bible. Speaking of life, time and consequences.

To every think there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die.... Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a kjv 1611


How often are we surprised at a young persons death...why? Because we forget...the soberness of life itself and reality.

There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war....Ecclesiastes 8:8 kjv 1611

TIME is of the essence...critical.

So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12


I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths. Proverbs 4:11

How thankful I am to know the LORD Jesus Christ as my Saviour...to know that the TIMES of my life are sure in HIM. I have known Him and have been taught by Him and truly His WORD has led me in the right paths.

Though TIME passes quickly by...we can still grasp the moment, Praise Him with Thanksgiving and know that the accepted time is here... The day of Salvation.

The accepted time is TODAY.

Blessed his he that readeth and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revelation 1:3

(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) II Corinthians 6:2 kjv 1611

Friend..do you know the LORD Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour? You can TODAY.

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD: and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found.... Psalm 32:5-6a kjv 1611



Call upon him while there is TIME....and call upon him while he is near....

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near...
Isaiah 55:6a kjv 1611

12 comments:

~~Deby said...

I love this very well worded post...and like you...I sometimes THINK where did the days and months go?......and now as things have changed I am challenged to figure out how to be productive and make good use of *time* whilst not feeling my best, so to speak...don't these verses speak to us..wherever we are ?...I am just not sure how to apply them when I have been almost living in a recliner for months, sleeping off and on.....for days...and not sleeping other days.....oh...I just need to try to figure this all out..
great post Hope,
deby

Pam--in Estonia said...

An excellent reminder to make the most of the time God has given us to serve Him! Thank you, Hope!

J.H said...

great post sister :-)
Just realise my birthday just pass a few weeks ago, it feels just yesterday I blow 5 candle on my birthday cake among my primary school buddy. Where all the time goes :-)

~Miss Sandra~ aka Blackberry Cottage said...

Precious Hope, what a treasure you are dear sister. Your post here and your visit to me today was a blessing. Thank you for your kind words.....and the wonderful vierses in your post that touch the heart where it needs to be touched. Thank you so much for your prayers........and you can count on mine~
hugs dear friend,
Sandra nz

Aliene said...

How timely was this post on Time.
Seasons come and seasons go. Our children grow up, then grandchilden. Our parents gone and we are left alone to think about what we are doing with our time.
Good post!

Diana said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. As you know, my blog is "To Everything A Season."

Come over and share a dessert with us! Tell a friend.

Mrs. Michele B said...

A *wonderful* post! My husband and I often can't believe how quickly time seems to be passing.

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Deborah said...

I missed this yesterday, and last night scheduled another post on this topic. I love when that happens! I'm going to go back and add a link to your post.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear Hope, where has the time gone. My husband and I were just talking about this recently. It seems only yesterday, we married, had our children, our grandchildren and now our great grandchildren. There are times when except for the reminder of my body, I do not feel any different that I did at sixteen. lol

The mini strokes that I had recently only served to remind me that time is short and we need to be about the Father's business. Thank you dear Hope for this wonderful thought provoking post. love you, connie

Joy said...

Thank you for this 'timely' post--it is timely for EVERYONE. Yes, the Lord pursued me for years--He was merciful and longsuffering, and PATIENT with me. Praise God, my ears finally opened, and the veil was lifted from my eyes. I look at my reflection and I look at my husband and I see the years going by. My grandmother always said, 'Time and tide wait for no man'. (Did you like how I capitalize for emphasis like you do?) ;)

Abounding Treasures said...

I so enjoyed this Hope and love your new blog decor -- blue is one of my very favourite colours!

The two of us are home on our own now, for the 1st time in almost 29 years and it takes a little getting used to :o)

Blessings!

Joy said...

Hello Hope, re-reading this impressed upon me the urgency of acknowledging Jesus as Lord and Savior and accepting his grace, forgiveness of our sins and love. I pray all that read your post heed the message-- TODAY is the accepted time!!