Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Creature



Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6 kjv

CONFIDENT: full of assurance, having no uncertainty, trustful, believing

The great joys of a christian is that NEW life in Christ! Born again...brand new.

A WHOLE NEW LOOK!

The significant mark of a born again Christian is a CHANGE!

As if life started all over again! A new walk, new talk...

This is to be a total make-over!

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. II Corinthians 5:17 kjv


What great CONFIDENCE indeed...to know that GOD is faithful as promised and he performs that good work in us when we trust him...HIM ALONE...as our LORD and SAVIOUR. The work begins that moment!

I found it quite interesting as I read about the Caterpillar (before he becomes a NEW creature!)....the caterpillar is considered a pest in agriculture. They have bad vision as well.

Sounds much like the sinful creatures we WERE before salvation...blinded and a pest to our own lives! Destructive.

And then...the change comes by simple faith of trust..as the definition of CONFIDENCE states...trustful. Believing the truth of the WORD of GOD.

I loved reading about the MONARCH butterfly... the name alone says something:

MONARCH: a hereditary sovereign-right, holds a dominate position.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you. I Peter 1:3-4


The monarch butterfly feeds on MILK-weed...how noteworthy, that the WORD OF GOD is called MILK.

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.
I Peter 2:2 kjv


Amazing how fit everything is...even for me.

I was raised in Pacific Grove, California in my youth...and participated in our yearly parade as a "butterfly kid" for the celebration of the MONARCH butterflies coming to the coast in October each year. I recall watching films about the CHANGE of the caterpillar to this glorious "Monarch" butterfly.

What a wonderful example God has left us in his creation of the very thing he does in life with that of a sinner who comes to him in sincere faith, repenting and desiring to live a NEW LIFE IN CHRIST by salvation in his SON.

If you have read my story at Watering Wells of Hope...you will remember me writing about the glorious mountain...Mont Blanc in Switzerland.

MONT BLANC... is called the MONARCH of the mountains! How touching for me and how God places so many things in our lives to illustrate...

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ... Philippians 1:6 kjv

THIS IS THE DAY...rejoice in the continued work of Christ in your life and let him have HIS way with thee...Let others SEE the change.

Blessings..
HOPE~

6 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

What a beautiful example of our salvation and change!

J.H said...

Amen to that sister :-)
Reading your blog is a beautiful way to stay my day!

Under Southern Skies said...

I have always enjoyed watching butterfly's and their remarkable change, and how fitting to picture it as you did! Thank you for sharing.

Ayesha said...

Hi--yes, this is your old neighbor--I just realized you guys had blogs. I've had an account for some time now. I think of you & family often. You don't know what an impact you all have had on my life.

Happy Blogging,

Ayesha

Deborah said...

Amen! Wonderful thoughts!

Mrs. Michele B said...

Amen!

I just wanted to pop by and thank you for the *lovely* comments you've been leaving for me lately.--You have really encouraged me and I truly appreciate it. (o:

Blessings,
~Michele