Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Were Sheep Astray....



For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. I Peter 1:25

It is finished...it is SEALED.

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant... Hebrews 13:20

What JOY...to KNOW that our salvation is everlastingly SEALED in the LORD Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:13 says..In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise...

II Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given us the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.


I remember when I was first saved and my husband (not then) continued to share with me the Scriptures. The very foundation of TRUTH. The Cornerstone of our faith...the WORD OF GOD. This is where faith is built up in strength. As in the book of First John..the KNOW book. I was so heart struck as I read the Scriptures for the first times. The true Scriptures. The confidence and assurance that came as I read. It testified of itself by His Holy Spirit within a true believer. There was no question in my mind or heart that this was TRUE.

And then to read of the SEALED promise. SAVED...it is finished. Confession of my sinful life was forgiven...FINISHED. The WORD that I could read and learn from...was FINISHED. NO more adding or taking away..it was finished, complete, SEALED.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19


Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

No wonder Christians REJOICE...no wonder a new Christian leaps for JOY. What greater gift of life than to have Eternal Life and to know that it is for ever...sealed and yours.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


HOPE~

10 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

Sealed... AMEN!!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

GREAT, GREAT POST!!!! It made my heart leap for joy. Hope you have a great day. Being sealed is a wonderful thing, so much security. I love the wonderful WORDS OF GOD. connie

Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path said...

What a wonderful post! I love that the Lord holds us with such security! Thank you for the sweet comment you left on Seeking Grace.
God bless,
Bren

~Miss Sandra~ aka Blackberry Cottage said...

~Hope~
Just beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by. I will be in prayer for you and your family.
Such a wonderful post my dear friend.
hugs
~Sandra nz~

~~Deby said...

knowing that I am saved...and sealed forever...oh my what a blessing and KNOWING that my BIBLE is the WORD of GOD....what a blessing...
great post
Deby

Sandra said...

What a great God I serve! There is no security like that of God.

Lori said...

Oh how refreshing to read this post and think back to those first days after my salvation!! :) I love that word SEALED!!

Tara said...

Hello Hope...
So nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. Your schnauzer is so pretty. How do you keep up with 4 blogs? I can barely keep up with 1.It's the ADD prolly. LOL...
Gonna follow along. Have a blessed day. Hugs from TExas.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I am so glad that you came over for a visit. You are always a blessing to me. Have a very happy week. connie

J.H said...

Lovely post HOPE,
I am thrilled to find another born again christian on this cyber world. And oh yes, thank you for leaving me a comment.
And wow, you have such a long history of living everywhere around the world! it must be fun!
By the way, I just started another blog : kjvchristianwallpapers.blogspot.com, I'll update them with picture of switzerland and wurzburg sometimes soon.
God bless!