Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life's Images



My husband and I visited this lovely town in Indiana several years ago. We passed this GENTLEMAN several times while going back and forth to our destination...

when I finally noticed...
HEY...that's a STATUE!!

I laughed when I realized all this time I thought he was just an elderly man sitting there reading the newspaper! I had to go back and take pictures and look this over!!



I have pondered the thoughts about my devotion and could have said...

Who are you fooling?

But, the LORD laid on my heart another thought...
What STATUE do you REPRESENT?

STATUE; a representation, form of likeness, cause to STAND!

My thoughts lately have been on our usefulness...maybe even perhaps while just standing still. Waiting on the LORD. I began to ask the LORD...what am I doing to make a difference? I'm not mothering little children any more? My grandchildren live a far off...and with some health issues I can't be as active as I once was.

WHAT CAN I DO?


...and then a still small voice spoke...

BE FAITHFUL....BE AN EXAMPLE...STAND STRONG ON THE TRUTH...STAND STILL IN YOUR PLACE...



I liked this statue...showing the SMILE on this elderly man's face while sitting reading the news. Perhaps, he read something good that he agreed with... or perhaps he was smiling at something he had more WISDOM in and knew better than to believe all one reads in the papers!

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Proverbs 3:13 kjv 1611

The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31 kjv 1611



Are you a woman of the world?...too busy on the cell phone and laptop to make a Spiritual difference in any ones life! Always on the go! Gotta be here and gotta be there! Appointments...calls... busy..busy with SELF.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal;
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
St. Matthew 6:19-21 kjv 1611




...and then there is the Father who takes time to show love to his children...here, patiently teaching his little one to ride a bike.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 kjv 1611

Like...using this experience as an object lesson?



...and here is Grandma. Doing her usual grocery shopping..standing firm on her convictions and yet has a heart of gold (some goodies in the bags for the grand kids?)

Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. Proverbs 31:25 kjv 1611



This statue... reminds me of a man in our church. Our song leader, choir director, orchestra director and dad, student and husband.

He stands in his place...week after week. Yet, the image of what he represents is ever present. As are all the rest here that I've shown.

I can think of so many people that have influenced my life...by just standing still in their place...doing what they should be doing for the LORD...and mostly STANDING for the TRUTH by the good example of continued faith.

These thoughts encouraged me greatly as I thought upon my own life.

Sometimes...standing still is the right place...standing FIRM.

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith... II Corinthians 16:13a kjv 1611

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:17 kjv 1611
One of my favorite verses.

I pray this encourages anyone who might be downhearted on your usefulness as a Christian. FAITHFULNESS in this day speaks volumes of your strength in what you believe. Make a difference, by standing strong...standing still in your place!

HOPE~

14 comments:

Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path said...

BEAUTIFUL POST! The words and the pictures along with the scripture was right on target.
God bless you my friend.
Thank you for your sweet comment you left on Seeking Grace. Somehow it was not published; but please know your words are in my heart.
Bren

Deborah said...

Wow! Those statues are amazing! I thought the first photo was a real man.
I love the way you used the statues in your devotion. These same thoughts have been on my mind...what am I doing to make a difference? But sometime making a difference is just in those little every day things we do that we don't even give much thought to.
Thanks for a wonderful post!

Joy said...

This was a great post, Hope, so insightful. And just like Deborah wrote, we wonder if we are making a difference in people's lives, if what we are doing has lasting worth. I am reminded of a 'Our Daily Bread' story I read (October 19th). The story illustrated the verse, 'Whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.' Matt. 16:25 I am seeing that losing my life for Jesus--for what God would have me do--is far more 'profitable', and fulfilling and much more of a blessing than chasing after what I want to do. Hope, YOU are standing firm--- standing still in your faith. You are being an example for the Lord and influencing others for good-- this is something I have noticed from reading your posts.

Joy said...

Oh, and P.S. I think I would have been tempted to sit next to that man statue and do something goofy for a pic!! You know me!!!

HOPE said...

Thank you ladies for your encouraging comments..they really mean a lot to me.

Yes..Joy..I wanted to take some with the statues! maybe next time!

Maxine said...

Great thoughts, Hope! Loved the pictures and the Scriptures were so good. Very innovative; very biblical. Thanks for presenting these truths in such a way to capture our attention and lead us to thoughs of God.

By the way, love the photos of your little garden friends. They come to my house, too!

Sharon said...

Hello Hope! Wow! What great insight and such challenging and encouraging thoughts. Thank you so much for your beautiful post. I would also like to thank you for visiting my blog and the sweet comment. I love that you use the name "hope", it did exactly what you wanted when I saw it :)I look forward to visiting your blog some more :)

Have a glorious day in the Lord!

Sharon

Under Southern Skies said...

Those are some really neat statues! Thought provoking post

Lisa said...

I loved your post Hope. I am trying very hard to get back to blogger. Enjoy your winter break. I do get a Blessing each time I visit her.
God Bless you.
Lisa

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I loved this post. I do remember when I went through such a time as you speak about.God gave me His answer. We are never useless if we allow ourselves to be used by Him. The form may change but if we are in His will then we are standing faithfully.

I have been praying~ I hope Winter does not last too long. Take care and God bless you both. connie

~~Deby said...

This is good, Hope...the words perfect and I think those statues are so unique...great photos..
Deby

jAne said...

This post touched my heart - exactly what I needed at this time. Thank you dearly.

I tip-toe'd over from Deby at Apples of Gold. Her recommendation was excellent. I'll be back. :o)

Blessings,
jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Dear, Dear Hope,just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I wanted you to know that you have been a wonderful friend and a great blessing in my life this past year. I will always be thankful for the times that you have gone out of your way to leave me a little note of encouragement or uplifting. Thank you so much . May God bless and keep you always. connie

LDH said...

Hi Hope! So nice to get your comment and reconnect! looking forward to your posts when you are blogging again!

Sending wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kindly, ldh