Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Heart is Fixed




My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise...
Psalm 57:7a kjv 1611


Fixed: firm, permanently placed, steadily directed.

Stedfast: fixed in direction, firm in purpose, unwavering, firmly fixed

Settle: to fix, to place in a desired state, to calm, to secure, to conclude.

Stablish: to establish, fix unalterably, to bring a firm basis, to prove, to show valid and true.

I just finished reading the Book of Esther...what a glorious book in the Bible. I love this true account of deliverance and righteousness prevailing!! If you have never or have not for a long time read Esther; I encourage you to read it in entire at one sitting. You will be encouraged, blessed and FIXED in your heart toward God.

I love my Bible...I love that I don't need Scholars to interpret or a priest..I can read on my own...and use even a simple dictionary. These few words I've listed, interpret just fine what God's Word says..perfectly. There was no need to change one WORD in my King James Bible for me to understand what Fixed means..or how to praise God! Read the book of Esther!

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. Psalm 112:7-8 kjv 1611

Notice how this coincides with the Book of Esther...and the word here..ESTABLISHED...and FIXED.

The dictionary words perfectly fit the meaning and the truths.

Esther shows the majesty of God's care...that truth prevails!

Oh the wonderful demeanor of Esther. Her respect and humility.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exhalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
I Peter 5:6-10 kjv 1611


Stedfast...Stablish...Settle.

Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
I Corinthians 15:58 kjv 1611


Like the photo of the old Oak Tree...settled over the years of time...tested and established. Planted and rooted deep...FIXED.

The Oak is known for it's great strength,hardness and is a common symbol of strength and endurance.

My eternity rest on the Lord Jesus Christ...my strength, my stronghold, my shield and deliverer. In HIM, my heart is fixed.

THIS IS THE DAY...I pray you are fixed upon the solid faith found only in the LORD Jesus Christ and that your faith is established upon HIS WORD of TRUTH.

HOPE~

7 comments:

Joy said...

I think if we listen closely with our hearts, we all at one time or another--or many times--have our own personal 'such a time as this'. It could be when you become aware of certain circumstances in your life, and realize that your actions or inaction is going to play a very important part in the outcome of a situation. How honoring to expierence and recognize one of those moments---and to trust God and follow through on His promptings.

Penny said...

Praise His Holy Name!! I pray that nothing will cause me to waver, but that I would remain "fixed" in His service! I'm so thankful that I'm "fixed" in Him, no matter what!:o)

Liesa said...

ONE OF MY FAVORITE VERSES!!!!
THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL POST.
WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY.

Pam--in Estonia said...

Excellent post! Thank you so much for sharing :o)

Diana said...

I love the book of Esther. My ladies group has also done an indepth bible study together over the book.

Enjoyed my first visit here.

Blessings to you. Come over sometime.

Sara said...

Beautiful post!
Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog. You are *always* an encouragement and blessing to me.
Love,
Sara

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I have been so thankful over the last months that my heart is fixed. I would hate to be standing on shifting sands at times. The peace of that fixed heart, when it is fixed on the Lord can not be bought for any amount of money. Thank you for the post, it was so good. connie