Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't miss the journey...for the destination!!




The journey may seem a bit misty ahead...but faith sees through the eyes of belief.

As my dear friend Kelly wrote on her blog update about our journey together and the above title quote from a Pastor....don't MISS the journey for the destination!

By FAITH this journey holds countless answers to prayer...blessings that touch the heart (such as my friendship with Kelly)....opportunities to witness of God's GRACE..and also to see the hand of GOD upon your own life...by the strength in time of need...the peace that passeth ALL understanding and just plain BELIEVING in God's WILL for each day as we yield to HIM.

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
II Corinthians 1:4


As I view this photo above...the path is misty...but if you have ever been on such a path in the woods... oh the refreshing breeze..the aroma of the Pine trees...

I visited my daughters in the great Northwest last Fall..and we walked such a place as this. It was so PEACEFUL...and yet you had no idea what lied ahead..where the path was winding...one took us to a flowing stream with Salmon...running UP stream...Yes that IS GOD's ways! What great illustrations are manifest in his creation of HIS power and design.

As you journey on a path in your own life...REMEMBER this quote above. How true it is that the end is not known..and yet look at the Christians expectation of the end...the good work of GOD.

It could be the salvation of a precious soul..it could be a happy time of renewal in your walk with God...it could be that final home in HEAVEN.

I thank the LORD for this new journey that GOD has used to already strengthen my faith and my belief to see the goodness of the LORD as each day passes.

A friend and I recently sang a special at church ..the song written by Deborah Bolack of our KJV blog roll. She sent me her songbook and one song especially touched my heart, long before I was diagnosed with breast cancer...it was as if Deb had written it for me..and yet it is a reflection of her own journey with the LORD.

TAKE ALL...
take all of my trials and turmoil
take all of my pain and heartache
take all of my gifts and talents
take all my desire and burdens..


It goes on to giving each of these to the LORD

some of the chorus says ...All that I am... all that you've given...and all that I've gleaned...

...the song goes on to say I lay it at HIS feet and to take all for HIS purpose.

I noted the part that says...all that I've gleaned! Oh how much I have gleaned over the years from my Pastor's faithful preaching of the TRUTH in the KJV Bible..my husband's steadfastness to the truth that is preached...my friends testimonies that have sharpened my faith...and from my own children as they learn and walk with the LORD as well.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Friends don't miss the wonderful journeys GOD has set before you...WALK WITH HIM..in FAITH.

HOPE


...update on my breast cancer...
I am scheduled for a Lumpectomy on January 15th. They will remove the tumor and needed surrounding tissue invaded and a few lymph nodes to send to pathology to detect if it has invaded the lymph system.
IF there is NO invasion to the lymph system, I go onto radiation therapy.
IF it is..then I will have a second surgery to remove the main underarm lymph nodes that contain the cancer..and then chemo and radiation.
This is determined all after the pathology report from the Jan. 15 surgery.
I am very confident in my surgeon ..she was excellent in explaining everything clearly..and this has been my prayer...to have clear information. God knows the rest...and I trust in him for the remainder of the journey.
Thank you for your prayers!!!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

God is obviously already with you in your daily walk. No one could write a post like that who didn't have a deep and abiding faith. He already knows the outcome and will give you His strength for the journey. I thank God for your faithfulness which will be used for His glory.
In Christ, Debbie

Jessica said...

What an inspirational post as well as author! I am so sad to hear of your recent diagnoses, but ispired by your response, the Lord is sovereign and good! My thoughts and prayers are with you!


Jessica(Aubreys neighbor)

Deborah said...

Praying for you 'Hope' Your testimony is such an encouragement.
I'm so honored that you sang my song, or should I say OUR song! To God be the glory!

Abounding Treasures said...

Oh how the Lord has already given you strength for the journey that lays ahead ~ your testimony is such an encouragement and will touch lives for eternity!

Will continue to remember you in prayer ...

Dallas said...

Hope,

Here's the link for the item you were asking about -
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37610132

Blessings,
Dallas

~~Deby said...

Praying for you HOPE...
Deby

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

My prayers continue with you, Hope. I know God knows everything even before we think about it so I am VERY SURE that He is with you in all of this and that His purpose will be made clear. You will help many other of us ladies who may perchance have this same road to travel. May your footsteps be very clear so that we follow you perfectly as you follow the Lord. God bless you, my dear, dear friend! Hugs to you for each time you need or want one and I am as close as a keyboard. The Lord is as close as your breath. Take care and I love you. connie

Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Praying for you . . . your faith in our wonderful Saviour will pull you through. The Lord is GREAT and HE HEALS and guides the hands of those who assist HIM!!!!!
Blessings,
Bren

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

Thank you for the update, HOPE, I've been praying for you and wondering how you're doing.

You're such a blessing...

{{{HUGS}}}
~Michele

Joy said...

I was 'HOPING' you were back... thought I would check... here you are. Still thinking of you and praying for you.

Nancy M. said...

Hope,
I am praying for you.....on this journey. Your blog looks so beautiful it gives others HOPE as well. I visit Kellys blog. She is a treasure ... -In His Love, Nancy

Deborah said...

Hi Hope. I have something for you at my blog...come on over.

Penny said...

We are praying for you and know that God will be using you!

Abounding Treasures said...

Dear Hope,

I'm remembering your surgery tomorrow ... may the Lord help you to *feel* how He is upholding you in His everlasting arms!

Blessings ...

liz said...

Hope, it has been a while since I visited your blog. I am sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. I see that your surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. You are most certainly in my prayers.