Monday, January 25, 2010

Thanking you all for your prayers



I want to thank all who have prayed for me and sent loving comments and encouraging words. I appreciate very much the kindness that has been shown to me in so many numerous ways. My children and church family...my blogging friends...my friends from afar and above all...

I thank the LORD Jesus Christ for his Grace given to me this note worthy day, January 25th.

This is the anniversary of my son Stephen's death at age 9 months in 1983.(read at Watering Wells of Hope) It was at this time God showed Grace upon Grace. He chose to take Stephen to Heaven...and a friend "Kathryn" chose to be born again! His purpose was fulfilled. A precious soul was the reason.

The chorus below is to a recent song written especially for me, by Deborah Bolack. This would have been my song in 1983...and has become my song for 2010.

Though I can't see beyond today,
I walk the path of ahead by faith.
His watering wells of hope are mine;
He gives me peace at such a time.


One part of the song says:

As I look back on paths I've travelled,
I see God' hand upon my life.
He has brought me through dark valleys;
His word my guiding light.
I don't need to know the reason
God's brought me to this place.
I'm just called to be a witness
To his glory and his grace.



Grace was shown to me this day....my lymph nodes for cancer...came back NEGATIVE! My tumor removed showed CLEAR MARGINS! I'm on my way to recovery!

God also chose to use another very special person in my life for this trial of faith. My dear friend Kelly Anne Johnson, who herself is battling cancer. If it had not been for her, I might not have gone to have my mammogram at the time I did. The timing was essential for my growing cancer to be caught. For her...there is one reason we already know of for her trial. She helped me. She's been such a source of inspiration and encouragement as I faced each day that lie ahead..and all while she herself...takes one day at a time...allowing the LORD's will be done in her own life.

With Cancer.

We never know just exactly HOW God chooses to use us...but the thought of saving a precious soul...or the thought of helping another sister in Christ prepare for her trial...and perhaps by your own trial...lift another.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:17


Thank you to my friend, Kelly Anne. You mean so much to me precious friend. Oh what a friend we have in Jesus...and what friends...are come BY HIM. Thank you LORD. It was your hand that brought us together in this journey.

We are all created for a purpose...and each purpose...at a time appointed.

When, Where, How... we let him... The LORD of Glory...have our life.

Dear Friends..

Let HIM have HIS way with thee....all will be well...all will be worth it all!!


Praise ye the LORD, Praise the LORD, O my soul.
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being... Psalm 146:1-2


God bless..
HOPE

20 comments:

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

Praise the Lord!!!! Rejoicing with you. (o:

I'm so glad you have a blog, your posts are such a blessing to me.

~Michele

Kelly Johnson said...

Hope,
I am so happy about the great news! Told your special boys this morning. Made them smile. Praise the Lord He used my health as a catalyst and this was taken care of early. Rejoicing with you! Love you dear friend, Kelly Anne

J.H said...

I am so happy for you!
and as your blognickname "hope", I am sure that in your life there is a great hope in our Lord Jesus.

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

Praise God! My family knows the blessed relief of the Great Physician's Hand. -- Julie

Deborah said...

Praise the Lord! Such good news, and as always God is glorified as you place your hope and trust in him, Amen!

~~Deby said...

Hope...I am so so glad...and share your JOY in your news...
I too have been blessed by women in blogland that the Lord has brought into my life...God is so GOOD...always..always..
And will pray for Kelly too..
((hugs))
Deby

Susan said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am SO glad that you received such good news. I'm also glad to have found your friend Kelly through you. I've subscribed to her blog and am enjoying getting to "know" her. You're both a blessing!

A Joyful Chaos said...

God is so good!

Thanks for the great post.

Maxine said...

So thankful to hear the news! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! What lovely words penned by your friend, I don't blame you for taking them with you all through the year.

Abounding Treasures said...

I am rejoicing with you at this wonderful news :o)

May the Lord continue to use you as a testimony to His amazing grace, not only in salvation but in strengthening along the journey, whatever course it takes!

Blessings dear Hope :o)

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and praying for our Gracie!I'm getting ready to sit back and read for a while!! God bless!

Aliene said...

I am so glad that you got good news. God works in mysteries ways His wonders to perform. I know the feeling and anxiety ~ waiting for results. I am convinced that everything that comes in our life is for a purpose. At the time we may not see God's Hand ~ but all things will be okay in the end if we are a child of God. Praying for you!

Penny said...

Praise the Lord for this wonderful news! God is so wonderful!

Jessica said...

Aubrey told me the wonderful news, God is so good. You will continue to be in my prayers and as always thank you for being such a blessing to so many people!

maria said...

Praise the Lord!!! I was led by the Lord to stop by and read your posts.

What an amazing blessing they have been to me this day!

May the Lord continue to keep you close.

Maria

LDH said...

This is such wonderful news! Rejoicing with you!!!

Kindly, ldh

Pam--in Estonia said...

I just got back from vacation and couldn't wait to find out this answer!
PRAISE THE LORD!!! I am SO, SO happy and rejoicing with you!!!!
Love you, MOM!

Sharon said...

I have been out of the loop for quite some time. However, I am happy to hear that you received such good news! Praise God in the Highest!

((HUGS))

Joy said...

So happy and thankful for your GOOD NEWS...

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

God never puts more on us than we can bear and he gives us the answer to a prayer that we have been praying so much. I am so thankful that your Tests came back negative on the lymph nodes.God is so good to us, I am so thankful that he is seeing you through this and especially for giving you a very special friend. I am sure she feels the same toward you. love you, connie