Monday, February 8, 2010

Friends, Compassion and Encouragement



Three Words that can mean so much.....

Friends, Compassion and Encouragement

Especially at this time in my life...a Breast Cancer Journey.

I have truly been overwhelmed with the loving kindness of many friends.

I've received calls and cards from people I've not talked to in quite some time...

that's okay...I was on their HEART and they let me know!

Some friends have reached out by hugs of compassion.

Oh what a wonder a HUG can do!

Friends, Compassion and Encouragement


Gifts....handmade...sent with LOVE....for a cause

The photo is a handmade gift sent to me by a friend..

whom I've never met in person.

JOY...and as with her name she spreads much JOY.

I was so touched when my husband came in from the mailbox and handed me a little parcel.

FOR ME?
...I saw the return address...From JOY!

She handmade the sweet PINK cloth...added a warm scented sandalwood soap!

and this lovely handmade Leaf butterfly pin!



As I looked over her gifts I could see her heart reaching out...Pink obviously for my Breast Cancer Journey...and perhaps the Butterfly pin as a reminder of the comfort once given on another journey of faith.

THANK YOU JOY Your thoughtfulness...is a treasure in my heart.

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.... Proverbs 17:22a

THIS IS THE DAY....I'm reminded of the many Special people..GOD has put in my path.

HOPE

5 comments:

Pam--in Estonia said...

What a blessing!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful gift! I love the handwritten card ...To Hope from Joy.

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

What a *lovely* gift! (o:

Joy said...

Hey! I know that lady! teehee... you are welcome, friend!

~ Maria ~ said...

What a wonderful gift! Friends are a gift from the Lord :)

Blessings,

Maria