Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Treasures of the SNOW



God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. For he saith to the snow, Be thou upon the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.
He sealth up the hands of every man; that all men may know his work.
JOB 37:5-7



A treasure to us who have not had snowfall in over 13 YEARS! what a blessing it was a week ago to find snow flakes trickling down under the streetlights of our neighborhood.

Amazing the excitement that ensues! Though some up NORTH have had enough...we had only just begun! It was near 7:30 as it began and by 10 p.m. neighborhood kids were outside PLAYING in the SNOW! ( I eyed a few adults ...myself included!)

What is it about SNOW that makes people...even up North if you will admit it...

THAT FIRST SNOW FALL...brings a refreshment to the air..and a BEAUTY all it's own.

The pure whiteness of it all...purity...cleaness...brightness.

Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? JOB 38:22a

I learned from a message our Pastor preached soon after the snowfall...that Snow actually purifies the air..as a filter. Tons of bacteria are cleansed from the air to the ground. Snow kills germs of Malaria for one.

This recent snowfall...hit 49 states in the USA! How gracious GOD is...to cleanse the Earth in this place...USA..for us.

Snow also has sounds that are in harmony like musical notes and the snow can be measured by these means.

Amazing that snow...can stop a train in its tracks...and yet...little children build a snowman for their pleasure.

All in it's season...all for a purpose...all for creation.



Even my dog, Gus...had his pleasure of the Treasures of the SNOW!

He ran about happily spaying up flurries of his own snow makings! The COLD didn't bother him a bit. It was shear pleasure!

>

and...of course the only KID around was my eldest son visiting..so he took upon himself the building of our snowman! small in stature but great in representation!



The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament his handywork.
Psalm 19:1

Come now, and let us reason together, said the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18


Hope

12 comments:

Deborah said...

What a handsome snowman! You are right...every year the kids are so excited to see the first snowfall. Me....not so much!
The nice thing about having four distinct seasons though is that by the end of one we are looking forward to the next...and I am soooo looking forward to spring this year!

Kelly Johnson said...

I LOVE the snow and miss it so much! Beautiful pics! Hey, did you see it was a Scotty who won the Westminster Dog Show? Gus is too cute. I think our dogs would be too afraid and absolutley frigid if it snowed! Thank you for the lovely pictures! Kelly Anne

Debbie said...

Growing up in Texas didn't prepare me for the snowfall we receive here in the Midwest, but it is a relief from the heat! I'd miss it if I moved back down south, but I'd perservere!:)
Debbie

Debbie said...

Thanks for the sweet and encouraging comment you left on my blog today. I've run into the problem you speak of in our county jail. Maybe someday I'll get in there too!
Debbie

~ Maria ~ said...

There is something magical about a snowfall! Here in the North, we are having rain at the moment and it is beginning to feel like Spring :)

I am so glad that you got to enjoy a little of what we enjoy during winter.

Blessings dear friend,

Maria

Maxine said...

So glad you enjoyed it! I love watching doggies run through the snow and yours is so cute. Well, I must say that we've had our share of snow and more is coming. Looking forward to spring more than I ever have.

Penny said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder of how God blesses us! I also love snow, although when I'm shoveling tons of it I sometimes forget!:o)) God is so good and snow can be so peaceful and refreshing.

Joy said...

This is a beautiful way to 'view' the snow, HOPE. Thanks for the reminder of God's glory--the snow! (I have to admit, though, I dread going out in it...it is soooo cold here.)

Pam--in Estonia said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the snow while it lasted!

Abounding Treasures said...

What a beautiful post and photos!

Sit A Spell said...

I have enjoyed my first visit here tonight. I grew up in the south with little snow and loved it when it fell. I've just spent the past 4 yrs in Michigan and have seen enough snow to last a life time! However, always loved watching it fall, and how clean the air does smell afterwards. God is good and it is evident even in snow!

Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I love the picture of Gus in the snow. I also took pictures of my little "Dixie" in the snow. I am thinking we are less than 75 miles from each other. I hope we can get together soon and meet.
Thank you again for all you are doing for HIM. You have encouraged me in so many ways.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren