Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What makes LIFE worth living...


This is the title of the book I am re-reading by W. Phillip Keller. He also wrote A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 (my favorite book). I enjoy Keller's books because he is so focused on the Lord's presence in every day life.

I like to think that way myself..taking one day at a time...as I purposed for this blog title THIS IS THE DAY...

I was so blessed in reading today..and I have to confess..I jumped to the end for some reason and what joy it brought to my heart THIS DAY!!

The chapter title is Stillness, Solitude, Serenity.

He speaks of his own character as a child growing up and then the Lord's good work in his life. He goes on to express that it's that personal...very personal walk with the LORD Jesus that gives one a reason for living!

To learn of HIM and KNOW HIM!!

God is no longer a distant Deity or some other person...He personally knows ME and I know HIM. He imparts to me faith, love, hope and inner convictions.

I don't hear of Him from a third party...


I John chapter 5 is the KNOW book of the Bible. AMEN!! What a wonderful book to constantly read ...what assurance and comfort!

Our time in GOD's WORD is vital to knowing HIM and HIS ways.

and what Stillness, Solitude and Serenity it does indeed bring to us who believe HE is who He says HE is.

A bond is formed like no other...confidence in the GOD of all creation...a loyal love for HIM, as HE loves us...Oh the sure mercies of GOD. Forgiveness..complete is found only in HIM.

As Keller writes: His love imparted to me by HIS SPIRIT enables me to go out and live for HIM and to quietly carry out his good cheer...

He is mine! I am His! Herein is hope!


This is not mystic....it is TRUTH manifest by God's work in peoples lives who have trusted Him as their Saviour! He opens our eyes of understanding that we might truly know HIM.

I love I John 5:13....

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.


What makes life worth living? Knowing God in a personal way and sharing it with others who have no hope!!

It is GOD alone that gives true Stillness (as we rest in His will..Be Still and know that I am GOD)...Solitude (a quiet personal walk with Him) and Serenity (that perfect trust that brings peace...at such a time!)

Do you know the LORD Jesus as your personal Saviour?

There are two reasons you are living....

One..the LORD desires to reach your heart and save you from your sins and give you the HOPE of Eternal LIFE..

Two...He desires to use your LIFE for a good purpose as you submit to him and walk in his ways. He desires to bless you...and others through you!

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

What makes LIFE worth living....the goodness of the LORD.

I believe to see ....the goodness of the LORD!

HOPE

12 comments:

~ Maria ~ said...

What makes my life worth living? Knowing that I am loved by the Creator of the universe!!!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts :)

Keeping you in prayer...

Maria

Pam--in Estonia said...

It's such a blessing to see the way you're allowing God to use your life!

Deborah said...

Amen!

Julie Loveless said...

What an encouragement!

The knowledge that a Supreme God has planed all of history past, present, and future. He has every detail worked out,all I have to do is follow. -- That is what makes life worth the living for me!

Maxine said...

I am trying to remember if I have Keller's shepherd book here somewhere or if someone let me read it. It's been a long while. I should go look for it. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us.

Nancy M. said...

Hope,
I am so glad you visited my blog.I have been praying for you since Kelly asked on her blog ...but did not know your status.

What a beautiful blog full of grace and encouragement ...I also wondered over to your other blog as well...

God uses His word; people; places and even the letters of a computer through blogs to encourage and lift
others...and that is you and Kelly.

Thank you for sharing your books;
your thoughts and most of all your
life for others..I will keep praying for His mercy and strength.

love, nancy

J.H said...

Hope, I made this for you :-)
http://kjvchristianwallpapers.blogspot.com/2010/03/psalm-11824.html

Joy said...

I would rather be hoping in God, than money, or material possessions... money is paper, possessions are worthless. God is the only hope. Thank you for sharing the truth.

Nancy M. said...

Hope,
We do think alike! I love your words on the little birds! This wasnt my room at home ( but I like it) I try and keep some rooms private.
I will share more someday about my ladies circle.
Have a blessed weekend.
love, nancy

Abounding Treasures said...

Amen!!

Your thoughts and meditations have warmed my heart and reminded me of all that I enjoy as a child of God.

Blessings dear Hope to you and your family!

Andrea said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, for sharing from Philip Keller's book! These thoughts are all beautiful, and your words speak them so well!

I have purchased his book about Psalm 23, but I haven't yet read it. I am looking forward to it very much and now will add the other book to my wish list.

Blessings to you, dear friend.

Andrea

~~Deby said...

Very profound post...this past year has been a year of struggles for me--physically, emotionally an spiritually...that is all I can say publicly,,thanks for this Hope..
Deby