Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CHERISH THE MOMENTS....REJOICING



This little guy..is ALL BOY...as you can see by the black dots on his arm..no it's NOT giant measles..he got a pen and decided to color. How many of us know BOYS that have done this..TYPICAL.

The bag on his arm.. holds all his little Hot Wheel cars. He MUST have these at ALL times. So cute..he even sleeps with them by his side! Now is that a BOY or what CARS/BOYS!!

I babysat this little guy just a few weeks ago (his brother had to have a minor surgery) so I watched this one and his little "older" sister. I had soo much FUN with them.

Their mom told me they liked cereal for breakfast..."oh, okay"...

THEN..I remembered...the ONE time I don't have Cheerios..ONLY FIBER ONE! YIKES...

Noooo..we can't have this...

Hey kids..you like pancakes! VOILA...

so I made this little guy a TRUCK pancake and he was so HAPPY he smiled for the photo.

We played...

OF COURSE!!! CARS!

and we read MY favorite book..THE FARMER ROCKS HIS FARM...only "I" embellish it with a little TUNE in my rocking recliner and we chant along...

"Rocky Rock..the Farmer rocks his doggy... and when the doggy goes to sleep...
the Farmer rocks his pig...Rocky Rock..the Farmer rocks his pig!"


Finally at the end the mouse goes to sleep and the Farmer..but the mouse sneaks off and who knows where!

Well...now this cute little guy...is HOME today..

after a very near tragic weekend.

We are REJOICING in the merciful kindness of our GOD!!

Little BOYS as I mentioned are quite adventurous even at a young age. This little guy nearly drowned this past weekend! His mom did CPR until EMS revived him on the spot..however, he had to be transported to a children's hospital for observation.

A very scary....heart wrenching time....a time certainly in need of PEACE...

Thankfully, he was only under the water a few minutes..but minutes count!

He was in the hospital 3 days and THIS IS THE DAY..he came home...PERFECT!

No problems...no after affects...just a SMILING FACE...holding HIS CARS!

When I went to visit him the other day in the hospital...he was sleeping...

so I sang our little Farmer tune a few minutes and put one of the cars I had brought in his hand..eyes still closed...he clutched the car tight!

I brought a few cars for him, just in case in the hurry of that day..he didn't have them along. I prayed he would wake up and SMILE at the nice surprise.

SMILE he did...and that night HAD to have his blankie by his face..AND his CARS lined up next to him on the bed..HE WAS HAPPY!

The hospital said that they have so many close calls ALL summer long and some do not make it....

Along with this post...I'd like to add this link for CPR information VERY IMPORTANT! Please take the time to visit and learn these life saving steps. This CAN and does happen to us all... We as Christians are not exempt from these things..but, we can be prepared (as this mother was!) Imagine the comfort she found in knowing at a critical time SHE was able to respond. THE MOMENTS mattered...
www.learncpr.org

I Peter 1:7 says..
That the trial of your faith being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ...


His mom shared with me how she had in her thoughts for some time...the what if's of LIFE and how she would deal with them. Would she trust GOD..would she be bitter...HOW would SHE react.

In LIFE...we face so many different situations...some very tragic...some very stressful...ARE YOU PREPARED?

OUR GOD...gives PEACE AT SUCH A TIME...

As she prayed for GOD's will...

Peace to trust in GOD's care and the outcome...she was ready and able to trust GOD.

She had not only been prepared physically by the CPR training..but prepared in her spirit by her walk with the LORD...knowing HIM personally as her SAVIOUR.

How thankful we are at this time to...CHERISH THE MOMENTS REJOICING...

HOPE

2 comments:

Barbara said...

yes amen this is a time to be thankful, and that dear little fellow is a good one to be thankful for, hugs

Joy said...

Wonderful story, HOPE, and praise God, this little guy made a full recovery. CPR---I do not know it, I will check the link. I just mailed some Hot Wheels to my little 4 year old Grandson--I can relate to 'boy stuff' Good tie-in to being 'ready'. How many are? (P.S. Your new blog look is awesome!--very 'now'!)