Saturday, July 3, 2010

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! PRAISE GOD FOR FREEDOM!

This is a Patriotic wall hanging I made for my son when he went to Iraq as a young Marine..a few years back. He actually rode into Baghdad the day of the war on terrorism. I KNOW what it is like to have your SONS go into battle. How THANKFUL I am/was that I have the LORD JESUS CHRIST to hear my prayers..to strengthen them and my family as we waited day in and day out for their return HOME...as we still do today.



HOME to AMERICA the LAND OF THE FREE!!

I just came back from decorating at my church for a dinner tomorrow..I was excited to hang the RED, WHITE and BLUE...as I thought about my freedom as a CHRISTIAN to worship and meet on SUNDAY and to hear the songs of Praise to God and songs of Liberty not only in the land but in Christ! Liberty and freedom from sins grip!

When I sent this to my youngest son...he hung it above his "rack". A reminder of the support back home!

I am so THANKFUL for the Lord's gracious care upon my loved ones. Two of my sons and sons in law have served on the FIGHT AGAINST TERRORISM. I know as a mother what it is like to have them leave home and face the enemy.

One of my son's in law is home on R & R at this time...I know the relief for my daughter and grandchildren these few weeks will be for ALL of them. I can imagine how that HUG felt.

Yes, I've been there. I know.

I'm happy to have THIS FLAG in my home...it is not one presented at military funerals (though I do have one..my Father's)...but this one presented to my eldest son who served in the National Guard-taking him to Iraq. To commend his unit. I love the admonition of a SOLDIER. AMEN

(Both my sons have also served as U.S. Marines and U.S. Army soldiers)



So often I think of the BATTLES we face as CHRISTIANS...the warfare is similar..but what ARMOUR we have in CHRIST! Not only the shield of faith, the sword of the spirit but the PRAYERS of the saints and God's Will in each life. What great PEACE..it gives to all of us who trust in HIM.

Let us remember:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14

Isn't it something that America chose an EAGLE as a national symbol..

He (God) shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust; his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Psalm 92:4

God bless our troops and their families...
God bless all those who put their trust in the LORD!

Thank you LORD...for ALL you have done for me.

HOPE

2 comments:

~~Deby said...

so thankful for all that have served and are serving for our FREEDOMS...and praying that our country will return to the Lord....I know the Lord sees the big picture and how things are going to end up...and that the VICTORY has been won and the rapture is around the corner...this is my hope..but there is sadness in my heart for what our country is becoming at the present....I will continue to pray....I know, God will not be mocked in word or actions...

Maxine said...

I am so thankful to your sons for their service and sacrifice. And I am thankful to our Savior for His.
Thanks for that very appropriate and God glorifying post on this our nation's birthday.