Thursday, July 29, 2010

..was Blind..but now I SEE!




The song "AMAZING GRACE" has been prevalent in my thoughts lately...by events of Praise...by the very song itself...something in the news...or even another blogs devotional.

I read in the news the other day about a little girl just 7 years of age singing this and as I watched the clip of the audience...many were moved very emotionally as you could see it in their eyes and tears.

In their midst this little girl sang...

Amazing grace-how sweet the sound- That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost but now am found, Was blind but now I see.


Is she singing this from her heart as A SAVED person? Do the people listening realize the MESSAGE and TESTIMONY of these words sung?

I began to think upon the many many people who sing or have sung this song...and the testimony of their lives that revile it!!!

I recall as a teenager ...to my shame...lying to my Mother. After I was caught, I was so miserable...I had lost her trust...COMPLETELY. I regretted this so much and even to this day.

THIS was a time that I felt a wretch!

Oh!! EVERY ONE does little white lies!

REALLY? and it's right? Common place!

(why is it called WHITE?)

Do we take our wretchedness so lightly?

I LIED! I connived and planned it! and hurt the one I loved!

As the years passed...I eventually gained her trust again.

But ONE DAY I read the BIBLE the WORD OF GOD for the first time with a humble heart.... and I SAW the wretch I truly had been..(one of many times) I knew in my HEART, I had so offended my own precious Mother...and GOD.

I repented and got SAVED...

I WAS blind...but NOW I SEE!

Sin is so deceiving...and time does not take it away..only that AMAZING GRACE!

It was and is that AMAZING GRACE...and how sweet is that song...that testifies of the true believer of GOD's WORD.

That Amazing Grace is found in the pages of HIS book...in the HEART of every true believer.

Ephesians2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.


John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

HOW CAN IT BE???

How can it be? How can it be?
That God should love a soul like me, how can it be?

As at the cross I humbly bow And gaze upon Thy thorn-crowned brow
And view the precious bleeding form By cruel nails so bruised and torn
Knowing Thy suffering was for me, In grief I cry... "How can it be?"

How can it be? How can it be? Was ever grace so full and free!
From heights of bliss to depths of woe In loving kindness Thou dids't go
From sin and shame to rescue me...O love Divine, "How can it be?"

AMAZING GRACE!!!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Amen and his his grace sure is amazing, he proves it day in and day out, Praise His holy name, hugs

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

That post was beautiful and brought back memories of when I asked to Lord to save my sinful soul and put all my trust in Him. Life has been right ever since. Thanks for that special memory. I look forward to meeting you one day in heaven, dear Hope. connie

Deborah said...

Amen! Wonderful words of life!

J.H said...

It's great to be forgiven :-)))

Nancy M. said...

What a sweet and precious post!
Amazing Grace how sweet thou art...
It is amazing ...praying you are having a blessed day.
-nancy

Aliene said...

So enjoyed your post. So glad for God's faithfullness to us. His mercies are new every day.

Saw a video on the little gitl singing Amazing grace. someone sent it in e-mail to us. It was
beautiful. She was singing it to her Mom that had just passed away.

Kelly Johnson said...

His Amazing Grace!!!