Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hymn and Devotion Series


Lately the Hymns seem to speak to my heart more deeply than ever and my thoughts continue with the words...the messages.

And so, I've decided to do a series of Devotional thoughts with a Hymn to go with it. I hope it will be a blessing to you and lift your heart in song and praise...for THIS IS THE DAY...let us REJOICE and be GLAD in it!!

Praise Ye the LORD, the Almighty.

Praise ye the LORD, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth
Shelters thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen How thy desires e'er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth.


The Almighty. He the LORD GOD...sustainer of life...My help in time of need...my provider...merciful.

Imagine, Israel in the wilderness 40 Years..and yet the scriptures tell us...that their shoes did not wear out!

And I have led you forty years in this wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot. Deuteronomy 29:5

He led them...

And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way;
and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light; to go by day and night:
He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people. Exodus 13:21-22


Oh how much He has done for....me!!

This now reminds me of another Hymn...

I Sing the Mighty Power of God

I sing the mighty pow'r of God that made the mountains rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained The sun to rule the day,
The moon shines full at His command, And all the stars obey.


I am in awe whenever I am near the ocean and see the vastness of this water that remains in its course...the rivers, streams. The mountains in their majesty...and yes, the Sun to rule the day..giving us light in our days..and the moon to shine at night.

I always liked the spiritual illustration of the Total Eclipse...

the WORLD coming between the SUN and MOON causing near total darkness...

Never let the WORLD come between you and your walk in the LIGHT of the LORD!

Keep that LIGHT of LIFE...walk in the Light of the LORD.

Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. Psalm 89:15

The next total Lunar Eclipse is dated for December 21, 2010

I remember the last Eclipse I watched...it was scary watching it slowly move and eventually darken the moonlit night. It was sobering to think of so many SOULS lost in the darkness of this world.


Also noteworthy is that a FULL MOON/Brightest light of night... precedes an eclipse!

How refreshing it was, when the moon began to once again peek more and more giving back it's FULL LIGHT.

The wonders of God's creation is so inspiring to behold. To think upon the detail, care and perfection!! All for ...you and me....

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. I Peter 5:7

THIS IS THE DAY.... Praise Ye the LORD, the Almighty...I Sing the Mighty Power Of God...

HOPE

4 comments:

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

Oh yay! I'm really looking forward to this. Your devotionals are always wonderful and I, too, love hymns so the two together will be lovely. (o:

Nancy M. said...

Thank you for your kind comments..
Your blog is well springs of Hope...
I enjoy Hymns as well and the story
behind them...

Have a blessed day.
lv-nancy

Maxine said...

So glad I stopped by! I too am quite a lover of the hymns so this is just up my alley. Bless you for this. What wonderful words are in the hymns. Thank you for these great devotional thoughts.
Loved what you said about creation, particularly about the lunar eclipse. I didn't realize when the next one was coming so I hope I remember it. Great, great thoughts, Hope.

Kelly Johnson said...

I LOVE your new background and the added music!! The hymns really help me in my walk with the Lord. There is so much truth in the old hymns and so much comfort. Thank you for sharing. Praying for you!