Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Keep in Remembrance



I recently saw this on another blog and it brought tears to my eyes...as it should! Such a great price for us!! For our Country!! For our Freedom!!
(please turn off music at bottom of blog site to hear music with video)

How oft people go about their daily lives not touched by this in their lives. People unaware of the great need of prayer and remembrance. To realize the sacrifice made and how to live with it from then on.

THIS IS THE DAY....not only should we remember these....and the recent sacrifice of the Navy Seals who died...for us....our country...our freedom.

But also for the LORD JESUS CHRIST...HE is the ultimate SACRIFICE for us..for our country...for our freedom. FROM SIN. THANK THE LORD..he has set me free from the penalty of sin....the scars of sin...the end result of sin.

I thank my LORD...that he gave us HIS LIFE so that we might live from here on with the promise of ETERNAL LIFE.

I wonder as people watch this...and see the sorrow and the grief...

if they have thought upon what the LORD JESUS did for ALL..

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting live. John 3:16


Do tears fall upon your cheeks? Are you touched by the Hymns that sing of the LORD.

"Man of Sorrows!" what a name For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim! Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude, In my place condemned He stood-
Sealed my pardon with His blood: Hallelujah, what a Savior!


Philip P. Bliss 1838-1876


and...

this song...the first Christian Hymn I learned and love...
also causes me to think upon our U.S. soldiers...they can march to this tune in their hearts and know that the GOD of heaven is with them and his purpose for their lives in his hand. ALL our lives are in his hand. My heart aches for the sorrowful loss of these families. ( I could have, could be one day also one of them) ALL my sons and sons in law have and are serving in the Armed Forces FOR OUR FREEDOM. My own two sons have been in near death experiences..and have lost friends. My sons have been encouraged with the Hymns of FATIH at these perilous and sorrowful times in their lives.

This song is to our Soldiers also...and to us...

On-ward Christian soldiers, Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus Going on before!
Christ, the royal Master, Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle See His banner go!

On-ward Christian soldier, Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus Going on before!


THIS IS THE DAY...Remember Sacrifices made for YOU!

THANK YOU my LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

THANK YOU... my ARMED FORCES OF AMERICA!!!

HOPE

5 comments:

Joy said...

When I was a child, we sang Onward Christian Soldiers and the other 'old' traditional hymns. Of course, the words meant nothing to me until I became a Christian. Bingo. Thankful for the men and women who are serving and sacrificing.

Joy said...

grabbing the tissues...

Maxine said...

Oh my. Writing through tears, Hope. Thank you for the reminders. Bless you.

Aliene said...

We need to be reminded to pray for our men and women in the service,

Use Eagles wings all you want. In a couple days I have posted the second part.

Barbara said...

Yes amen, they fight for our lives and Jesus died so we may live, amen thank you lord for walking that long way up Calvary's hill, and carrying that old heavy cross, especially for hanging in the balance naked and rejected just for me, the best part is you rose again and are sitting on the right hand of our Father, making intercessions for us, amen..