Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trusting In the Lord



The LORD is good...

...every need he knows of.

a strong hold in the day of trouble...

...he is with us.

And he knoweth them that trust in him.

Our prayers were made...to the one who can answer.

HE DID.

As my family prepared to move overseas...so many needs arose so quickly.

We PRAYED...it was answered!

But then, the need changed..suddenly.

We PRAYED...it was answered!

One AGAIN..it abruptly changed!

We PRAYED...it was answered!!

Three times within a two day period our NEEDS changed and GOD answered them immediately. What JOY it brought and confidence of HIS WILL...

AT THIS TIME.

Some prayers need much patience..as GOD works in other areas..perhaps other lives.

This time...he chose to answer immediately! How thankful we were to be able to share this with so many. The encouragement it brought to my daughter, as she traveled  alone with four children to a foreign country.

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7

So often, I have counseled others to wait on the LORD. TRUST.

We must tell ourselves this, as well!!!

How often do you give advice...scripture to others and fret yourself over the very fear they had!!

It is a good reminder to remember...your own words of encouragement.

Oh, so often, I have seen the Lord work in lives over TIME...myself included.

Some prayers...need TIME ..for the answer to come.

To TEACH us to TRUST. To TEACH us patience. To TEACH us not to want.

Does not Psalm 23 say...

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.


In the front of my Bible I have written at the top of a page:

My Memorials of God's Faithfulness.

MY.

The page is full....he has answered so many prayers.

TRUSTING THE LORD...

Are you? Can you? Will you?

He has so much prepared for you..so many blessings!

Don't miss them!!

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24


Trust today..and pray.
HOPE

3 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

I am praying for you as the tears must still be falling. I will be praying for your sweet family as they serve our Lord and our country on foreign soil.
Peace and Blessings my sweet friend!
Carrie

Joy said...

Good advice, HOPE... heed our own advice to others! Easy to tell others not to fear, etc, and quote scripture... BUT when fear fills us... somehow I forget what I have learned! HOPE your day is going well. Have you heard from your daughter? How are things going?

Joy said...

Oh, and that sunflower... I suppose you took that beautiful shot? Sunflowers seem so full of HOPE and promise, don't they? Who could be gloomy with sunflowers near-by?

How is funny little Gussie doing? We just had some snow here this morning--but all gone now... good!