Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Memories


THANKSGIVING...a time of recalling with others...THANKFULNESS.

I bought this little Indian decoration when my first grandson Austin, celebrated his FIRST Thanksgiving. He is now 14 years old.

I am so thankful to see my grandchildren now desire spiritual things in their lives, by choice. THANKFUL as well, for the many blessings they can now fully understand have come from the hand of GOD.

Thinking on past THANKSGIVINGS...it is a reminder of how many we have shared and EACH YEAR so full of testimonies of God's grace.

MEMORIES OF GOD'S FAITHFULNESS

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23


Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not:
As Thou has been
Thou forever wilt be.

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness,
Lord unto me!

John Peterson 1921


Have a blessed THANKSGIVING full of Praises to GOD!!

HOPE

1 comment:

Quilting with Jannette said...

I love that old hymn, especially the line in the next verse, where it talks about "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine and ten thousand beside"....
As I've struggled at times with health issues, those words come back to me, and it's obvious that I didn't get myself through those tough times, but God wroking in and through me, and others sent to encourage me - what a blessing!